Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 11:45 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

Craig Miller left Florida this year with $3,000, a borrowed RV and a dream of helping people find meaning in their lives.

His savings may have struck some as a considerable sum.

ABC News: Economy Creates 'Upper-Class Homeless'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 04:45 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,054,812 times
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for this woman who had 2 million dollars worth of real estate when she was making 75K! AND on top of that married to a cross dressing meth addict????! Ironic how the title is named 'I used to be normal.' LMAO.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
I think this whole mess came on because peole were greedy.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:32 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,399,105 times
^^

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 08-09-2008, 11:15 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
They are still normal... they made bad "normal" decisions and now are facing the bad "normal" consequences... they are now facing a "normal" reality of the situation... how is this abnormal...? Abnormal would be paying your mortgage and being foreclosed... which is not what happened...

Old 08-10-2008, 07:23 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
That is horrible how they think there little adventure is good for there kids. That family made enough money to live comfortably, they were too greedy to downsize when they knew they were on hard times this could have been avoided. The wife is a teacher and the dad has 2 masters degrees. What a joke. He is a life coach he must think this whole situation is a life lesson. Maybe he is one of those people who want to see whats like to live "homeless" so he can play the sympathy card later. Telling people how his whole family was living out of their vehicle and how they were able to rebuild their life. He wants to be really homeless take away the RV.

Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 AM

576 posts, read 994,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
That family made enough money to live comfortably, they were too greedy to downsize when they knew they were on hard times this could have been avoided.

Downsize how?

Too many people are loosing their homes, for a lot of reasons, but some simply because they need to unload the home, and downsize, but it won't sell.

Not that I condone what that family is doing and calling it an adventure.

But easy to say. They saw it coming and they didn't downsize. Some can't, they'd love to, but their home won't sell. Not for what's owed on it, or even close.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnyl View Post
Downsize how?

Too many people are loosing their homes, for a lot of reasons, but some simply because they need to unload the home, and downsize, but it won't sell.

Not that I condone what that family is doing and calling it an adventure.

But easy to say. They saw it coming and they didn't downsize. Some can't, they'd love to, but their home won't sell. Not for what's owed on it, or even close.
We foreclosed and moved to a rental property before we were to far in the hole that we could not afford the deposit and things. We rent a very nice 3 br home in a great neighborhood and pay less then our mortgage was. We will eventually buy another home down, for now this is just right. I would never "choose" to live on the street with kids.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:55 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,359 times
$75,000 a year and a 1.2 million dollar home plus a ranch....lol, I grew up with some pretty intelligent people, it wasn't difficult to see that living above your means was for wanna bees. I do now own a considerable amount of real estate but it took years of flipping and planning. You have to appreciate the humor in people that want to skip an entire section of building wealth. If the price increases have put you on the streets you should have been realistic.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
$75,000 a year and a 1.2 million dollar home plus a ranch....lol, I grew up with some pretty intelligent people, it wasn't difficult to see that living above your means was for wanna bees. I do now own a considerable amount of real estate but it took years of flipping and planning. You have to appreciate the humor in people that want to skip an entire section of building wealth. If the price increases have put you on the streets you should have been realistic.
The price of the house was not too high. A loss of a job is what sank the ship. Everything is afloat again and we are rebuilding our "supplies".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages