Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 06:18 PM

380 posts, read 2,351,117 times

Advertisements

Another paranoid question from the first-time home buyer . . .

Our loan processor insists we do not have to list our second loan on one of our disclosure forms. The form is "Additional Required California Disclosures" (RE 883). It says to list "Liens that will remain or are anticipated on this property after the proposed loan for which you are applying is made or arranged (including the proposed loan for which you are applying).:

The processor lists the loan she's processing for us, but says the lender (Amtrust) does not want us to include the second loan from husband's employer because it is not yet a debt that should be listed under current liabilities. (On employer loan, all payments are deferred for 10 years and interest forgiven every year after 5 years while husband is employed).

To me, the question does not ask what liabilities will exist after the loan is made, but what liens will be on the property. I pointed out the employer loan requires him to sign a Deed of Trust to secure the promissory note, but she insists it still does not get listed.

Since we're the one's on the hook when it comes to filling out this application, I'm really nervous about what she's filled out and I know she's sick of my questioning her work (there were a few smaller errors she's fixed). Is her understanding of the form correct and/or is this industry practice?

Thanks for any feedback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 06:31 PM

947 posts, read 3,139,564 times
Is the money to be used for the purchase of the loan? Will the loan have to be paid back in the event that your husband is no longer working for that company? If yes and yes.

Back when I was processing (I haven't been in the business since early 2005) the loan had to be listed and needed to be included in your debt to income ratio. Cover yourself and list the loan.

Some others may have a different view point but that is how I would handle it. The processor may be avoiding additional conditions from the lender - meaning - the lender may ask for a copy of the note that will be recorded.

Botom line it's your name on the application I would include it and just be prepared for any additional lender conditions.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM

380 posts, read 2,351,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
Is the money to be used for the purchase of the loan? Will the loan have to be paid back in the event that your husband is no longer working for that company? If yes and yes.

Back when I was processing (I haven't been in the business since early 2005) the loan had to be listed and needed to be included in your debt to income ratio. Cover yourself and list the loan.

Some others may have a different view point but that is how I would handle it. The processor may be avoiding additional conditions from the lender - meaning - the lender may ask for a copy of the note that will be recorded.

Botom line it's your name on the application I would include it and just be prepared for any additional lender conditions.
Thanks so much for your help. Yes, the employer loan is for purchasing the home. And yes, he must pay the entire loan if he stops working early. Otherwise, after 10 years he owes the entire principal amount but interest is forgiven.

The processor did use the monthly payments for the employer loan in qualifying us for the primary Amtrust loan. The employer loan payments as a monthly cost spread over 10 years is listed as "Other Financing (P&I)" on the Monthly Income & Expense section of the 1003 Loan Application. But she said the employer loan does not to be listed on this other document at issue.

I just don't understand why the lender would not want this listed and she's not explaining it well, at least to this layperson. I can't imagine what type of loan should be listed, if not this one. I'll ask our broker, but he tends to defer to the processor on how to complete the paperwork.

I'm inclined to insist she add it on, but don't want to risk our loan approval for something in fact should not have been included. I just want to know with certainty if I do or not. I appreciate your insights.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:14 AM

2 posts, read 6,072 times
How to find the owner's name of a property?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,072 times
Default property owner's name; how to find it?

How to find the name of the owner of a property in Miami?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages