Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is It Ethical to Walk Out on a Mortgage?
Yes 27 13.37%
No 115 56.93%
Neither Ethical nor Unethical 60 29.70%
Voters: 202. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:19 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterGeek View Post
I live on the planet called "I don't blame others for my mistakes." It's really a nice place... You should visit sometime...
No thanks I will stay on this one ,It's called "Reality". Because If you are one of those people who think you are in control of your life today you have not been paying attention to what is happen around you or you're still DREAMING!

Last edited by Fighter 1; 01-17-2009 at 10:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 PM

1,151 posts, read 2,992,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
Because If you are one of those people who think you are in control of your life today you have not been paying attention to what is happen around you or you're still DREAMING!
This attitude is that of someone to whom this will happen again. And again. And it's why people don't want to help you. Someone needs to protect you from yourself... but moreso someone needs to protect all of us from you. And to not even have any remorse or take any responsibility... it's all someone else's fault. I don't think I've seen this attitude since kindergarten.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:55 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin-Willy View Post
This attitude is that of someone to whom this will happen again. And again. And it's why people don't want to help you. Someone needs to protect you from yourself... but moreso someone needs to protect all of us from you. And to not even have any remorse or take any responsibility... it's all someone else's fault. I don't think I've seen this attitude since kindergarten.
Excuse Me ! I don't recall my asking anyone for help. And as for needing protection ???Just because I have an open mind and am aware of what is happening around me and in the world today, and that most people today need to get educated in who and what is governing the happenings In the world today. I am one of the many that dosen' have a $2,000. or more mtg. to pay each month. And no I didn't loose any money in the stock market crash . My retirement money is safe.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
You're telling me college education savings, insurance payments, etc weren't calculated in someone's budget before they bought a house? I find that a little hard to believe.

You've got your perception, I have mine. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
It is a catastrophic economic event. There is no rational defense against such an event.

You are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can spend most of the rest of your life recovering at the cost of your families welfare or walk. A most unpleasant choice.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Unethical, clearly unacceptable behavior within the context of contract law.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Unethical, clearly unacceptable behavior within the context of contract law.
Cite a credible source.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 AM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is a catastrophic economic event. There is no rational defense against such an event.

You are simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You can spend most of the rest of your life recovering at the cost of your families welfare or walk. A most unpleasant choice.
The horse has been dead so long he's starting to reek. I have nothing more to add to the thread. I guess you can always go look at the poll results if you feel I'm wrong in my opinion. I'm not the minority.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
The horse has been dead so long he's starting to reek. I have nothing more to add to the thread. I guess you can always go look at the poll results if you feel I'm wrong in my opinion. I'm not the minority.

These lists always show a Libertarian bent. But I believe it may well be the majority opinion in the US.

It is also wrong. A capability that the majority of the US citizenry has shown before.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:04 AM

179 posts, read 706,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
And i Guess that Donald Trump and others like him are dead beats also????
FYI: Trump NEVER went bankrupt personally, his corporate owned companies did.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:16 AM

1,151 posts, read 2,992,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
These lists always show a Libertarian bent. But I believe it may well be the majority opinion in the US.

It is also wrong. A capability that the majority of the US citizenry has shown before.
You previously said determining whether it is 'right' is a personal judgment. Apparently now you have decided that there is a universal answer to the question and you have anointed yourself the arbiter. This is what we call charlatanism. Disingenuous rationalization at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages