U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 AM

995 posts, read 3,681,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.L. View Post
I used them last year [2008] They couldn't get my escrow setup properly[taxes and home insurance]. They also renig on a $500. Home Depot shopping credit I was suppose to get if I used them.Of course the greedy Realtor [World Realty MB S.C.] didn't help either.Lastly they sold my mortgage to Wells Fargo .This Company has to be comprised of the most ignorant people I have ever dealt with. I am currently shopping for a refinance rate to get away from Wells Fargo
Who are they? Lending Tree or mortgage company? Lending Tree is not a mortgage company. They don't set up your escrow account. Your mortgage company does.

It seems that you're criticizing your mortgage company not lending tree. In addition, selling mortgage to another bank happens to almost all loans. Nothing fishy about it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM

69,360 posts, read 58,135,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbanawan View Post
You can get multiple inquiries about mortgages in a 30 day window and it only counts as "one" inquiry. It won't hurt your score any more than any other place.
While this is true, I still dont want 5 hits on my credit report. I tried going through lending tree once, I assumed they would pull my credit and send the information onto banks that I fit the criteria for. They dont, its just a data compiling website where they sell your contact onto multiple banks and you end up with multiple calls. I could call 4 banks down at random if thats what I want because thats essentially what they do.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:16 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,628,164 times
I worked at LendingTree and they have 2 divisions

1. They sell your information to 4 lenders

2. They fund the loans with their company also known as LendingTree loans or Home Loan Center

Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM

69,360 posts, read 58,135,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I worked at LendingTree and they have 2 divisions

1. They sell your information to 4 lenders

2. They fund the loans with their company also known as LendingTree loans or Home Loan Center
Then if you work at lending tree, take this suggestion to your superiors because I refuse to use lending tree due to this fact.

Lending tree should pull credit reports when someone applies and then send the information onto the banks, rather than each bank needing to pull a report. This way banks can prequalify you and provide an accurate quote to the website. I got tired of applications going no where when applying or banks calling me taking the application, pulling credit etc, its like starting all over.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:33 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,628,164 times
worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then if you work at lending tree, take this suggestion to your superiors because I refuse to use lending tree due to this fact.

Lending tree should pull credit reports when someone applies and then send the information onto the banks, rather than each bank needing to pull a report. This way banks can prequalify you and provide an accurate quote to the website. I got tired of applications going no where when applying or banks calling me taking the application, pulling credit etc, its like starting all over.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,200,373 times
I recently(1 week ago) applied with Lending Tree. When you fill in the application online there is a place you can request to only be contacted by one person from Lending Tree instead of the individual lenders.
After I applied I looked at the offers shown and saw all of them included a discount point so I called them. The first thing she said is wait I have to pull your credit. It turns out that the so called offers are just advertisement because they are not based on credit score. She couldn't beat the rate that I got form ING so I got the spiel of be careful with those type of lenders. Once I told her we had already had a mortgage with them and they were great she didn't insist. No more calls since.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 AM

1,802 posts, read 7,600,242 times
One positive thing about Lending Tree is that borrowers with less than stellar credit may be able to find a lender that they otherwise may not have known even existed. A number of years ago I had gotten myself into debt, and was starting to head toward real trouble. I even talked to one of those credit counseling services. I could have done a refinance but I did not want to do this because my mortgage rate was a good one for that time. I wanted a home equity loan, but my bank and my credit union could not help me. I found a lender through Lending Tree (the rate was pretty high), got the equity loan, paid off all of my creditors, and after a couple of years had brought my credit score back up to where I could then do the refinance and roll both mortgages into one, at a lower rate than my original 1st mortgage, and for a much lower term (15 years rather than 30 - at that time I still had 20 years left on the 1st mortgage). So it worked for me.

Last edited by janetvj; 03-14-2009 at 08:01 AM..

Old 03-15-2009, 06:44 AM

718 posts, read 2,778,757 times
We used lending tree to find a broker. We found a great one and didn't have our credit pulled until after we picked which lender we would work with and then only when I saw the good faith estimate, I simply left off our Social Security info when we applied (you can do this you know). We close on Friday with a 4.625 rate.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 AM

8,170 posts, read 20,101,317 times
I typically advise people to stay away from online companies...and seek local regional banks and/or lenders. They are priced competitively and you have more leverage if something goes wrong. Local management always pays closer attention to local calls........if you have a problem halfway across the country, oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages