U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 05:36 PM

228 posts, read 1,152,131 times

Advertisements

I just submitted a loan app on Friday. I have a 785 credit score and am putting down about 37% on a new home in New Jersey. I understand most of the figures but wonder if anyone wouldn't mind looking at the GFE I got and let me know their thoughts?

Also, the builder is contributing $7500 towards my closing costs and $8450 towards my upgrades if I use their mortgage company.

What I'd like to know is... which of these dollar amounts are considered part of my closing costs? Are all of them closing costs? Since I'm putting a decent amount of money down on the house it keeps my closing costs lower which means I might be able to buy an extra point to lower my interest rate.

Also are any of these numbers the titling fees? I have a friend of the family that does titling and offered to do it for free. I imagine that should save me about $400 or so.

What line items can I try to negotiate? Is it worth going with another finance company and lose out on the ~$16000 in freebies?

Appreciate anyone's input.
Attached Thumbnails
Can you look at my Good Faith Estimate-gfe.jpg  
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 06:27 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,038,574 times
umm none

you're getting a good mortgage deal which means they are making the money somewhere else....like the price of your home

Old 01-25-2009, 07:34 PM

8,430 posts, read 21,699,130 times
Ah, but it's only a good deal if that is the rate you are locked at.....if they are telling you to float, that a lock is not available now, well, then, it's a question that really can't be answered now.

What really matters is the rate when you go to lock. I'm willing to wager when you do go to lock (in a few months from now), you will find your rate a bit higher than the competition.

Even then, it will probably be a good deal, just be sure to shop them when you lock so you can keep them honest.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:37 AM

228 posts, read 1,152,131 times
Well, right now it is floating since I don't close until May or June.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,549 times
Default GFE Help

I am glad I found this forum. Can someone take a look at this GFE and let me know what they think? I don't have that much experience and would love a second opinion. thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ParsonsGFE[2].pdf (201.7 KB, 1195 views)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages