Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 10:53 AM

135 posts, read 719,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam213 View Post
Do I have any hope in getting this tax credit???

I was due to close Feb 6, last friday... had to delay due to other issues... but I am really trying to hold out for this tax credit.

How long can you push back and delay a closing? 1 week, maybe 2?

Any new word on how close this bill is to getting to sign?

I would hate to sign papers then NEXT week, I miss out on this tax credit.
try to postpone it as much you can without paying any penalty from your hand. May be you can use the "WALK THROUGH INSPECTION" as a reason to delay, I dont know.
But looks like they will come to the conclusion today which is not certain, thats what they demanded. If they do it today, it may take week or 2 weeks to sign from president and also no one knows that what date it will be effective?
Hope for the best...hope they will pass the bill from Jan 1,2009 to Dec 31,2009. So that """we""" can get our tax money back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 10:58 AM

SENATE PASSES OBAMA'S RECOVERY PLAN TODAY....

Senate passes Obama's economic recovery plan - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_go_co/congress_stimulus - broken link)

I think its a good news for us..

Old 02-10-2009, 03:49 PM

414 posts, read 911,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhomebuyer80 View Post
SENATE PASSES OBAMA'S RECOVERY PLAN TODAY....

Senate passes Obama's economic recovery plan - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_go_co/congress_stimulus - broken link)

I think its a good news for us..
It's been (quite) a while since I studied Government, but doesn't this still have to be approved in the House? I think that's where the problem lies...the Senate, I believe, was more generous than the House would like.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...like I need to ask! LOL

Old 02-10-2009, 03:58 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieLu View Post
It's been (quite) a while since I studied Government, but doesn't this still have to be approved in the House? I think that's where the problem lies...the Senate, I believe, was more generous than the House would like.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...like I need to ask! LOL
The House passed their version already. The Senate passed theirs today. Now starts the fun part. Negotiating the differences between the two to put out a complete bill.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:06 PM

414 posts, read 911,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
The House passed their version already. The Senate passed theirs today. Now starts the fun part. Negotiating the differences between the two to put out a complete bill.
Thanks, BK!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 AM

11 posts, read 55,922 times
Lawmakers hope to seal stimulus deal today - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com

Not sure what this means from the article:

"Baucus had said earlier that $35.5 billion to provide a $15,000 homebuyer tax credit, approved in the Senate last week, would be cut back."

Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 AM

228 posts, read 1,204,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknjoe View Post

"Baucus had said earlier that $35.5 billion to provide a $15,000 homebuyer tax credit, approved in the Senate last week, would be cut back."
One of the few things that would have gotten me to spend any money. Whatever I get at this point will just go toward paying down my mortgage.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknjoe View Post

hehehe...thats a bad news..

Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 AM

433 posts, read 1,769,626 times
Looks like the whole thing is going to be Nixed.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 AM

57 posts, read 293,627 times
Finally I think Its wiped out...son of guns...2009 i will be paying $10K property tax + $20K-$25K from job -- I am paying $35K; Anyhow thats the way it is...

"""""""""""Working to accommodate the new, lower overall limit of the bill, negotiators effectively wiped out a Senate-passed provision for a new $15,000 tax credit to defray the cost of buying a home, these officials said. The agreement would allow taxpayers to deduct the sales tax paid on new car purchases, but not the interest on loans for the same vehicles."""""""""""""

Stimulus pared to $789 billion in race for deal (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_on_go_co/congress_stimulus - broken link)

Again but here....
"""""""""""
Nelson also confirmed what CNN reported last night, that negotiators are scaling back a Senate-passed tax credit for homebuyers and are likely to eliminate a tax deduction for car buyers.
Earlier in the day, top lawmakers and White House officials told CNN that after working late into the night Tuesday, they were cautiously optimistic a deal could be reached as early as Wednesday."""""""""''

http://money.cnn.com/2009/02/11/news..._wed/index.htm

""May be in jeopardy"
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...e-in-jeopardy/

Last edited by sathyakamaraj; 02-11-2009 at 11:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages