Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM

3 posts, read 54,534 times

Advertisements

How do you go about clearing a CAVIRS number after the 3 year period of default on the loan? The FHA loan was paid off over 3 years ago and there have been no other mortgage loans since... Everyone is giving us the run around and we just want to close on a house. Our credit is good and everything else panned out, just that we cant get a new CAVIRS number until the old one is cleared!
Please can someone give us guidance as to how this can be quickly cleared!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:35 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,113,773 times
Moved from Cleveland Forum...

Old 02-17-2009, 09:48 PM

340 posts, read 702,270 times
CAIVRS - HUD

this tells what it is...

here is a number you can call...

HUD - CAIVRS Home Page

let me know how it goes ----

Old 02-18-2009, 10:41 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,827,273 times
I don't think you can clear your CAIVRS. Being that HUD paid the settlement over 3 years ago there should be no reason for you to be on the Limited Denial Participation based on that FHA default. Who is telling you that you need a new CAIVRS number?

From the 4155r-5:

While FHA may delete erroneous information regarding a borrower falsely indicated as having defaulted on a FHA mortgage, such as incorrect social security number reporting, it will not remove correct CAIVRS information even if the borrower is judged eligible under the conditions described above.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 PM

We tried to get an FHA loan just a month prior to the "3 year" mark.... At that time, we were unable to go through with the loan because of the caivrs. We were told (by our lender) that we needed to wait until after the date (Feb 6th) and have the caivrs cleared to get a new number (loan # ???, not sure about this process, since this isn't my area of expertise). Am I totally mistaken or now that it is past the 3 year date, can we apply (with our good credit) and get the loan now with the possibility that it is cleared in Caivrs or if it is not cleared within caivrs with the underwriters making the decision based on our present standing.
Our first FHA never went into foreclosure...

Last edited by junebug87; 02-18-2009 at 12:13 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 02-18-2009, 02:37 PM

If the first FHA loan did not default then why are you having issues with CAIVRS?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:56 PM

We had a contract on the house since Nov 05 and were supposed to close in Dec 05 (we moved out of the property and out of state for job purposes)... they delayed giving us a correct payoff and then in Jan filed a claim against us. We closed the house 2 days later... the title agency and all involved were surprised that they held out with payoffs and then threw this in our lap when we had a signed contract dating back to November on it... Nothing further was ever done...

Old 02-18-2009, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug87 View Post
We had a contract on the house since Nov 05 and were supposed to close in Dec 05 (we moved out of the property and out of state for job purposes)... they delayed giving us a correct payoff and then in Jan filed a claim against us. We closed the house 2 days later... the title agency and all involved were surprised that they held out with payoffs and then threw this in our lap when we had a signed contract dating back to November on it... Nothing further was ever done...
So did HUD pay this claim?

I think you need to contact your local HUD Homeownership Center. Try this link to find your's.

Contact HUD Homeownership Center & FHA Resource Center

Hope this helps.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 AM

1 posts, read 17,578 times
our house was foreclosed on 4-17-06 , then solded on 6-6-06 we were evicted on 9-5-06. hud paid loan off on 3-5-07, now hud is telling us we cannot buy a house until march of 2010 . our house was sold while we were still living there. do we really have to wait until march of 2010 before we can buy a house? hud informed us in 2006 that we could not buy a house for 3 years, now that the 3 years has passed, hud is saying we have to wait until march 2-2010 because they are going by the date the check was made out to pay off the loan and also because of the cavirs.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 16,681 times
I have a cavirs number that has prevented me from re-finacing my home to lower intrest rate. I am currently under total disable discharge for the next 2 an halve years beore it becomes permant. What can I do to keep my home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages