Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:26 PM

37 posts, read 105,859 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, i am hoping someone can please shed some light for me and my situatiion. We are in the process of buying a home that is a short sale, the loan officer has had our info since May 12, 2009, and we are still waiting to get a clear to close. We have to close by the 26th of June, already did one extension. Can anyone please let me know why the underwriters are taking so long, and how long should the process really take?
Thank you in advance, just getting very discouraged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 03:25 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,457 times
Are you waiting on the seller's bank to accept the offer? If so that can take forever.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:53 PM

No the sellers bank accepted, and we had given all the paperwork to our bank. It is our bank that is taking their sweet time!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 08:12 PM

4,860 posts, read 6,926,010 times
Bug them daily (that should be easy for you based on your title). Too bad you don't have time to take your business elsewhere.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:45 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,242,310 times
Smile Turn times for mortgages

I know you feel like you have waited a long time but I am a mortgage broker in Florida and lending has never been so difficult. If your broker or lender is Wells Fargo, for example, they are taking almost 3 to 4 weeks in underwriting and that is just the first part. Others are quicker but usually the lenders with the best rates are swamped.

As of May 1st, we also have new appraisal rules in effect and to say it is a nightmare is an understatement.

If you need to e-mail me for more info, you can do that.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:23 PM

835 posts, read 3,978,206 times
Purchases are given priority over refinances. Most lenders would have this completed by now. I had a client with a purchase which I submitted on May 13 and had a clear to close on May 29. Now as Bette said if you are dealing with Wells Fargo they are taking much longer than most others if not everyone else, but they are still prioritizing purchases. Based on my reps email today they are taking 13 business (26 days for refinances) days to underwrite purchase loans.

Talk with your Loan Officers manager if you are not comfortable with the information you are getting from them.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Thank you for all your help! I actually have been calling, and the last time I called my true New York Italian temper had come out! LOL! I was and I am not a happy customer anymore. All i am saying is that Wells Fargon is not on my X-mas card list this year!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:02 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,926 times
Most commonly at short sale the original owners still occupy the home. So even though the offer has been excepted on both sides. The bank still has to legally ask the people to get out.....and they can be stubburn. My best friend did a short sell, only because her and her ex were going threw a divorce. Anyways, the ex didn't want to let go of the house even though he knew it was being short sold. So legally most banks have to deal with people not wanting to leave....and especially now days when a lot of people have no where to go. It's sad. But true!

Old 06-23-2009, 01:08 PM

1,392 posts, read 3,127,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Most commonly at short sale the original owners still occupy the home. So even though the offer has been excepted on both sides. The bank still has to legally ask the people to get out.....and they can be stubburn.
The poster was asking about why her loan app was taking so long while in underwriting. I don't see how your response is relevant to her question. Am I missing something here?

Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 PM

The house has been empty for 9 months. They were relocated to South Carolina. Still no info today. So found the name and number to the branch manager! So he will be getting a phone call. So stressful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages