Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM

903 posts, read 862,286 times

Advertisements

Make the lender happy. Give them an agreement with those signatures. If it's always been done with a handshake, keep it that way.

Notice I didn't say go to all of your neighbors for those signatures. The lender wants an agreement with signatures. Fake it.

When my lender wanted reciepts for any transaction over $100 in my checking account, I just created fake receipts as there was no way I could get all of the receipts. The lender was satisfied as they were simply just checking a box.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2017, 09:12 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,905,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post

When my lender wanted reciepts for any transaction over $100 in my checking account, I just created fake receipts as there was no way I could get all of the receipts. The lender was satisfied as they were simply just checking a box.
Two things. First, don't be a d-bag and brag about committing loan fraud, no matter how minor, in a forum open to the public.

Second, where did you go that they documented $100 deposits? Typically, any deposits (or cumulative deposits) equaling 50% of your pay must be documented. And we know you had to make more than $200 per month.

https://www.fanniemae.com/content/gu...rge.20Deposits

I get that you were exaggerating, but your post was downright misleading for anyone trying to get some information, probably about 50% (at least) of the readers here.

Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 AM

903 posts, read 862,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
Two things. First, don't be a d-bag

First, no, the lender wanted proof of any incoming or outgoing monies of $100 or more. No exaggeration and I was taken aback that they would request such. It was ridiculous. So I made up receipts/fake explanations for all of the cash withdrawals of $100 or more as I had no recollection of why I pulled $120 out of my account 6 months prior, 3 months prior, etc.. What you call fraud, I call creative thinking. It appears you need to read up on the legal definition of fraud.

Second, with your command of the English language, perhaps you could learn how to have a discussion without calling somebody a douchebag, amiright?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages