Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:43 PM

23 posts, read 93,999 times

Advertisements

So I'm applying for a loan and is this for real i need pay this?
I attached a copy of the form in a PDF, please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Credit card payment.pdf (27.4 KB, 356 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,016,839 times
I would find a new lender. They want to charge you a fee up front so if you dont close or your loan is denied they can still make some money. It is common to pay an application fee on the good faith as part of the closing costs, but you only pay it if the loan closes.

Starting July 31st, no upfront fees can be charged to an applicant except for a credit report fee. If you click under my name on the right side where it says blog, i wrote about this same thing today.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:24 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,250,942 times
I have started to see more banks asking for an application fee of $300-$495 lately. You don't have pay anything you don't want. You can negotiate with them and if all the other terms are acceptable to you, get them to credit it to you at closing or use it as the appraisal feel.

Consumers shop for lenders all the time and lenders feel like they are being used by doing some work and not being compensated for their time.

If you can't come to an agreement, find another lender.

Naima

Old 07-29-2009, 09:49 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,200,367 times
I have locked my rate, got my GFE and have my TIL filled to get back to my loan officer. So far I paid nothing. My loan officer (LO) didn't even want to order the appraisal until inspection is done just to save me money in case I need to get out, if inspection brings trrouble that the sellers would refuse to address. Then again I have a referred LO that I trust, which is important. Like the other posters said shop arround or even best ask people that you know to refer you to one they are happy with.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:04 AM

286 posts, read 1,366,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDenudinFL View Post
I have locked my rate, got my GFE and have my TIL filled to get back to my loan officer. So far I paid nothing. My loan officer (LO) didn't even want to order the appraisal until inspection is done just to save me money in case I need to get out, if inspection brings trrouble that the sellers would refuse to address. Then again I have a referred LO that I trust, which is important. Like the other posters said shop arround or even best ask people that you know to refer you to one they are happy with.
I agree with MeInDenudinFL. I'm almost closing on our house (eventually) and haven't paid a dime to my lender. Yet.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 AM

761 posts, read 3,414,477 times
I didn't pay a thing until closing either.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenezzite View Post
So I'm applying for a loan and is this for real i need pay this?
I attached a copy of the form in a PDF, please let me know.
Kinda' sounds like a "we don't really want your business" fee.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:17 PM

286 posts, read 1,366,615 times
I just looked at the form again. It's dated December 2008... so many things have changed in the last 8 months that you may be able to talk yourself out of that form and agree to pay it at the closing table like everybody else. Lender Fees shouldn't be POC.. things like Credit Report or Appraisal - maybe, but not lender fee. And if you're just now applying for a loan? Get another lender. Go with somebody other than Well's Fargo (read the header on the fax).

Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 PM

23 posts, read 93,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusibius2 View Post
I just looked at the form again. It's dated December 2008... so many things have changed in the last 8 months that you may be able to talk yourself out of that form and agree to pay it at the closing table like everybody else. Lender Fees shouldn't be POC.. things like Credit Report or Appraisal - maybe, but not lender fee. And if you're just now applying for a loan? Get another lender. Go with somebody other than Well's Fargo (read the header on the fax).
Do you think Well's Fargo is bad mortgage banker? I don't know myself.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:36 PM

1,673 posts, read 7,016,839 times
Find a good, professional mortgage broker. Ask friends, relatives, neighbors for a referral. you will get better service and more than likely a better overall mortgage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages