Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:07 PM

10 posts, read 21,765 times

Advertisements

I'm learning a lot from all of your replies, and I thank you greatly.

It still baffles me though, that no matter how deep you search the net, no matter who you talk to (realtors, lenders, lawyers, family, friends,etc) it seems you hear different things.

I just want to hear from someone who says:

"Yes, I did this ______________ and it took this long _______ and I had to deal with this ____________ and now I'm doing ok, living my life again, and do the answer to if I would do things differently is ________"

I can't find anyone who tells their story....it's all hearsay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 06:11 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavethetable View Post
Homeowner:

They require at least a 90 day attempt at a short sale before they will entertain (yes, entertain) the idea of a Deed in Lieu. ..

Dito - just took in a deed in lieu today, having a Realtor contact them to try and sell the property for three months.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:13 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeowner112 View Post
I'm learning a lot from all of your replies, and I thank you greatly.

It still baffles me though, that no matter how deep you search the net, no matter who you talk to (realtors, lenders, lawyers, family, friends,etc) it seems you hear different things.

I just want to hear from someone who says:

"Yes, I did this ______________ and it took this long _______ and I had to deal with this ____________ and now I'm doing ok, living my life again, and do the answer to if I would do things differently is ________"

I can't find anyone who tells their story....it's all hearsay.

I'm going to print this out, frame it and hang it on the wall......

Old 08-31-2009, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 799 times
Default Is it possible to sue your lenders?

I'm one of those people who really got screwed by my mortgage lender in a short sale.

My realtor submitted the sales contract as a "short sale" to both of my lenders (1st and 2nd mortgage). The first mortgage would have been paid off completely with this contract - I'm still not sure it should have been presented to the 1st mortgage lender as a short sale but the realtor said it had to be done that way. Anyway, the contract was written in mid-May and good old Bank of America/Countrywide sat on the thing and after a million phone calls and faxes and letters by myself and my realtor, they still sat on it because they were too "inundated". Well, a few weeks ago, the buyer pulled the contract because he had to out of where he was living and into a new place.

I am very angry that B of A sat on this thing when THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN PAID IN FULL and now my home is going to be sold at a trustee's sale next week - yes, foreclosure. Very, very angry about it. Husband lost his job and we had to move and our income was greatly reduced - we just couldn't pay the mortgage payments any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages