Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 01:36 PM

42 posts, read 183,853 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I am working on getting my real estate salesperson's license. So, I need to take 3 courses, real estate principals, practice and an elective which I chose to be mortgage loan brokering and lending. I started with the Morgage book and it seems to be a bit dated, last copyrighted in 2006. For example it states how there are loan programs with 95% LTV and 100% LTV but those days are gone. I am also having a hard time understanding all the different loan programs available, there are so many! My first question is what kind of details pertaining to loans are asked on the DRE State Exam (I am in California) regarding loans. Second, where can I go to get updated information on loan programs and to be better prepared for the exam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 01:56 PM

61 posts, read 317,276 times
I would suggest that you go to a company like CompuCram or RealEstateExamUsa and take their preparatory classes for the California DRE Exam.

There still are 95% conventional loans available, the minimum credit requirements are just higher than they used to be. FHA loans have a 96.5% LTV. USDA and VA loans are still at 100%. Plus in many states there are state loan programs that will allow 100 to 103% loans.

As far as learning about the different loan programs available, the mortgage industry is in a constant state of flux. The basics stay pretty much the same however. It is a great thing that you are trying to familiarize your self with the basic loan programs.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:05 PM

42 posts, read 183,853 times
I am using Real Estate Trainers for my preparatory courses. I know about the FHA and the VA loans I just thought that 95% and 100% LTV conventional loans wouldn't be available. Thanks for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages