Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 05:03 PM

30 posts, read 184,103 times

Advertisements

We are waiting on underwriting to come back. It was sent over yesterday morning, and we should know something tomorrow for sure, but our loan officer keeps telling us it is a done deal. His exact words were that he works with the UW's every day and he has a idea what will be approved and what will not. Can I be confident that he knows what he is talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 05:41 AM

835 posts, read 3,980,421 times
You should be confident in what your LO tells you or your qorking with the wrong person.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 AM

322 posts, read 547,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmommyof3kids View Post
We are waiting on underwriting to come back. It was sent over yesterday morning, and we should know something tomorrow for sure, but our loan officer keeps telling us it is a done deal. His exact words were that he works with the UW's every day and he has a idea what will be approved and what will not. Can I be confident that he knows what he is talking about?

While I agree that if you don't trust your Loan Officer than you're working with the wrong one, until you get the "congrats you've been approved" call from underwriting don't count your blessings yet. Good Loan Officers have effective working relationships with their UW's, but the thumbs-up or thumbs-down comes from the UW who assess the viability of the loan objectively, and doesn't make commission. Make sense?

I hope everything works out!

[/SIZE]

Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 AM

30 posts, read 184,103 times
I trust our LO. He worked with us last year, and told us he didn't think they could help us. They couldn't. This year he says everything is going good, and that we could start packing if we wanted. They went ahead and ordered the appraisal Wed morning. Would they do that if it didn't look good?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmommyof3kids View Post
I trust our LO. He worked with us last year, and told us he didn't think they could help us. They couldn't. This year he says everything is going good, and that we could start packing if we wanted. They went ahead and ordered the appraisal Wed morning. Would they do that if it didn't look good?
Looking good and getting to the table are most times 2 different animals, that's all I'm saying. Please don't get me wrong, I am by no means trying to rain on your parade, but as a LO myself I've seen too many people get heartbroken because they started packing 3 weeks early y'know?

Trust the process and behave accordingly. You don't open your presents before Christmas right? Just be patient and trust the process.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:53 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,977,156 times
You have no choice but to work though the LO and trust to the same extent you would any service provider (to an extent knowing they get paid when you get what you want). My LO is currently trying to push the UW for a change (UW has improperly identified flood risk) on my refinance and I have no choice other than work through him.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:25 AM

Trusting that someone is capable at their job, and not questioning anything a person says are different. We were blessed with 2 eyes and our own judgement. The only people who's word I take for gospel are my wife and my mother. Call me a cynic but so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages