Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,199 times

Advertisements

You didn't answer the questions. Would you respond the same if he owed you $245K (tell him to walk away from what he owes you). It's pretty easy from across the country to advise someone to walk away when it's not your money at risk. If it was your money the first time, are you going to loan to him again in one year? If you did decide to loan to him, are you going to give him a 5% rate, or more like 8%-10% because of what he has done in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,140 times
Here is some important information you may want to know about regarding short sales and foreclosures.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]Buyer Beware, Title Defects Plague Foreclosures and Short Sales[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]George Mantor - The Associates Financial Group[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
Agents involved in foreclosures and short sales may need to begin to disclose the possibility of serious defects in title associated with these types of lender controlled sales.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by scirocco22; 03-10-2010 at 09:07 AM..

Old 03-09-2010, 04:24 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,338,150 times
Default Are we walkin' or talkin'?

Interesting Las Vegas Business Press article.

Las Vegas Business Press :: News : The Coming Second Wave

IMO, Osama Obama gave our tax money to the banks that are 80% responsibl;e for this mess. Now the banks that took our money should be forced to give loan mods so that people can keep their homes. We're sheep.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntaylorny View Post
The bank already told me they are not going to sue me for deficiency.
Get it in writing before you make any decisions. Just in case they "change their minds".

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-09-2010, 04:42 PM

94 posts, read 245,613 times
Surprise surprise a dead beat loan that is going to be walked away on.

Yes the bank was greedy and stupid to make you this loan, but you were also a total moron to take it.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:06 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Here's what a dude says in the Wall Street Urnal:

ROI: When It's OK to Walk Away From Your Home - WSJ.com

thanks for the article link. Certainly not looking for someone to say it's OK... but definitely appreciate the perspective...

Old 03-09-2010, 08:10 PM

369 posts, read 1,095,323 times
someone explain to me why banks won't lower the principal to what the houses are worth now? I mean, they'd rather take the foreclosure and try to sell it... for the same price that they could have modified the original loan to??? WHAT AM I MISSING HERE??

Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
someone explain to me why banks won't lower the principal to what the houses are worth now? I mean, they'd rather take the foreclosure and try to sell it... for the same price that they could have modified the original loan to??? WHAT AM I MISSING HERE??
If they start doing it as a matter of course everybody wants in and the lenders eat the whole decline. As it is now a very large part of the population will try to ride it through.

They are trying to keep getting out from underneath painful...

Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,227,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdeOjos5 View Post
My buddy back in Phoenix managed to do it. I thought he short sold it, but this is what he actually did. He bought the house for $225,000 back in 2005. He told me he had to purposely be late for 3 months, but he got the house refinanced for $129,000 back in 2008. The house kept declining rapidly after that all the way down to $86,000. He tried to refinance again but they totally refused. He walked away from the house, and recently bought a much nicer house for $96,000.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
You didn't answer the questions. Would you respond the same if he owed you $245K (tell him to walk away from what he owes you). It's pretty easy from across the country to advise someone to walk away when it's not your money at risk. If it was your money the first time, are you going to loan to him again in one year? If you did decide to loan to him, are you going to give him a 5% rate, or more like 8%-10% because of what he has done in the past.
It is my money in a way since the Fed backs virtually every mortgage in the country. If he owed me the money, I would try to work something out with him on reasonable terms. If that means I have to eat some principal so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages