Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 09:51 AM

42 posts, read 222,550 times

Advertisements

Every time my mortgage person has asked me for a document, I produce it within minutes. She didn't have time to get to stuff she was supposed to submit last Friday. Monday she's in "meetings most of the day", Tuesday her "processor is only working half the day, probably won't be able to get to it", the email with documents to sign magically never arrives, she has a "problem with her computer." Have not been able to reach her by phone or email since Wednesday, messages not returned. I'm supposed to close in 20 days. All the paperwork could have been finished by last Friday, and here it is *this* Friday, and nothing has been done. I am so ticked off.

Rant off. Thanks for listening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Get a new broker or banker.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:10 AM

193 posts, read 541,428 times
I wouldn't waste my time with her. And I surely would not pay her to aggravate me!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:27 PM

214 posts, read 810,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheYear3000 View Post
Every time my mortgage person has asked me for a document, I produce it within minutes. She didn't have time to get to stuff she was supposed to submit last Friday. Monday she's in "meetings most of the day", Tuesday her "processor is only working half the day, probably won't be able to get to it", the email with documents to sign magically never arrives, she has a "problem with her computer." Have not been able to reach her by phone or email since Wednesday, messages not returned. I'm supposed to close in 20 days. All the paperwork could have been finished by last Friday, and here it is *this* Friday, and nothing has been done. I am so ticked off.

Time to find a new banker/broker

Old 05-10-2010, 08:49 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
Agree with prior posters. Business isn't that brisk to warrant that kind of lack of attention. It's busy, but nothing close to what you describe.

Dump her, chances are you'll get a better rate anyway.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 AM

1,673 posts, read 7,018,522 times
I agree, move on. Plenty of professional mortgage originators out there.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:28 AM

178 posts, read 540,493 times
Tell her you're taking your business elsewhere and she may magically find the time to take care of you. OTOH I wouldn't trust someone like this to do a good job. Your mortgage is a huge financial transaction, nothing to trifle with. You want someone who is sharp and looking out for your interests (although of course, you will carefully doublecheck all documents....)

Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 AM

768 posts, read 4,342,006 times
Can her boss or another loan officer step in and complete the transaction from here?

Old 05-20-2010, 02:36 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,915,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheYear3000 View Post

This is normal - if a processor had to stop and explain what was going on for each file with every borrower, she would not get any work done.....

Keep in touch with the loan officer / broker for updates.

Drop the line another Bank is giving you a better offer. You like what they have done, if they cannot keep you updates,your gonna go with another bank. They will try and talk you out of it, it's easier then it sounds.

Good Luck.....

Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 PM

381 posts, read 1,365,766 times
We had a similar experience with our lender. Of course, it all happened too far into the process to get another lender. We had to escalate it (twice, mind you) to increasingly higher supervisors. We got an apology, which was nice, but should we ever buy another house we won't be using that lender again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Mortgages