Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:16 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times

Advertisements

Really! It makes me miss my X-6 Hustler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Check out this conversion kit that converts your bike to a trike, complete with reverse. An older friend of mine (71 yrs old) has one on his Harley and loves it.

Trigg Trike Kits - Motorcycle Trike Kits - Motorcycle to Trike Conversion

Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 AM

134 posts, read 302,489 times
Trainer wheels?

How do you 'scratch' a trike?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
It's time to take my bike out of the garage and get it on the roads, like the above poster, when I ride I wear what will protect me, a second layer of skin is always nice, gloves and a helmet that is going to protect everything. Not that I'm a bad driver, but there are allot of very stupid people who drive.
It's time to fire up the Goldwing and do some riding. Here in Oregon we have allot of great places to ride, the Pacific coast highway is a good ride no matter how may times one that taken the trip. The Cascades are another good ride, just to damn many to list. Enjoy the riding season and have fun.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 PM

Thanks, Terryj. The weather has been a problem around North Central Texas lately, But I'll be getting the old '84 Honda V65 Sabre out in a few days to strecth its legs! I'd love to ride the Pacific Coast Highway some day. Until then, I'll be content to ride around Mineral Wells and Palo Pinto.

I hope to get out to the New Mexico mountains again this year. There are lots of great roads there.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Catman, If you ever get the chance to come out west and ride the Pacific Coast Hwy it is a ride you'll never forget. The ride from LA to SF on hwy 1 is good but the ride from Santa Rosa north to Seattle on hwy 101 is awesome. I would say it ranks as one of the top 5 motorcycle rides in America. Once you hit the northern California section of the hwy the coast line turns rugged with many curves and the ride through the Redwoods will take your breath away, then you'll enter Oregon, the Oregon coast line has to be the most rugged coast line on the west coast with views you'll find no where else.
The weather here has turned nice, after 4 months of February it seems that we are getting some spring weather just in time for summer. I'm doing a ride this weekend with the GW group, we're riding the Klamath River route in N. California then the back road into Oregon.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Yes, I've dreamed about riding the Pacific Coast Highway for decades. It's a long way off for a 64-year-old on a 27-year-old bike, though. But I still haven't given up!

Old 06-12-2011, 02:20 AM

143 posts, read 741,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I have a jacket that lets air flow through it freely, although I confess that I sometimes just ride in a T-shirt. But I always wear a helmet, no matter how hot it is. I might lose some skin in a mishap, but at least my head will be protected (as well as possible).

I've long wanted to ride in the Bavarian Alps! What a beautiful area. I don't see how you can make yourself leave.

now you have the opportunity, the guys from the sabmag list , is planing a tour this summer.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 PM

I'll look into it, but I probably can't afford it. Right now, I wish I were in the northern New Mexico mountains on those lovely roads in the cool air.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:58 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,204 times
Loved the video!!! I'm 62 with a Honda Silverwing that I am on every chance I get. I ride with a group from Richmond, IN called SOS~~ Seniors On Scooters. It's 25 elderly men and ME Our oldest rider is 85, another 81. Probably most between 75-80. It's a great group and I have enjoyed them so very much. Most are vets and we ride to a lot of memorial sites. They inspire me to see that adventuresome spirit still in there. And at that age they learned to treat women right and be gentleman..LOL...well most of the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles