Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 08:05 AM

1,096 posts, read 4,526,537 times

Advertisements

Just recently noticed the triumph scrambler and its a pretty sharp bike. Was considering maybe getting noe. CUrious if anyone else has one and what you think? Seems like people really like them.

THere's hardly any used ones out there either on ebay or craigslist so assuming most people dont want to part with them.

Is that upright riding position comfortable? How do you not burn your legs on the pipes, is that metal thing a shield? Is is comfortable for a passenger and how does a passenger not burn themselves looks as there woud be no good seating position for them with the pipes the way they are.

Also how does the scrambler comore with the T100?

JUst for comparison I currently ride a 1994 Suzuki Intruder 800. Would I like giong from that to a scrambler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 02:13 AM

134 posts, read 302,457 times
If bits don't fall off, you'll be OK.

In 1996 I bought a 3-year old Thunderbird.

The tank (nearly) fell off. (One of the brackets welded to the bottom of the tank - a bracket which held the tank on - failed.) My local dealer got me a new tank under warranty. Triumph challenged the warranty claim (but the dealer, a good bloke, paid for it himself.) According to Triumph, 'it is not unreasonable for the welds which hold our bikes together to fail after a few years.'

The Sprag clutch failed. A known and well-documented fault on Trumpers made in the 1990s. The company replaced numerous sprags. The sprag tended to fail after about 9000 miles. My bike had lived in a garage for a while (previous owner overseas) and the sprag failed at 9300 miles.

'Your bike is too old, Sir. It's not eligible for free repair'. Forget the low mileage and forget that it failed at about the same mileage as other bikes.

My first bike was a Triumph. I had a Tiger Cub in 1963. I then had a T-bird (original model) and I went back to Triumph in 1996 with my new model T-bird.

Triumph:
Poor manufacturing quality.
Poor reliability
Crappy after-sales service.

Those are some of the reasons I ride BMWs.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:37 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
I own a 2005 Bonnie. I love it. I like the upright/standard seating, I like that any passengers aren't up higher and on top of me and what I love the most is the fact that I hardly ever see another one on the road. A lot of people ask me what year it is and expect me to say '68 or something.

All I've ever had to do is regular maintenance. Never had a problem at all.

I first I didn't like the 70's look of the 2010-11, but now I dig the white ones with mag wheels and low profile seat.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
I personally think the Bonnies look great. An SE would be a good bike for me if it has enough steam. I'm used to my old Honda V65 Sabre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles