Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2013, 05:14 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
First of all, I am NOT being loud and obnoxious, so you can save that tripe. I have medium-sounding pipes on my bike, and I'm very careful about its sound.

Second, you are out in the midst of a fragile ecosystem, blowing totally unnecessary pollution into the air, tearing up extremely fragile soil and leaving it open to horrible erosion, disrupting wildlife habitat and undoubtedly killing some wildlife, and are running an extremely high risk of starting a fire that could burn down tens of thousands of acres. And for NO reason than your own pleasure.

I'd say that what you're doing is 100x worse than ANYTHING I do. Ever. And what's even worse is that you're obsessing over what you THINK I'm doing, while totally ignoring the horrible things you are doing.

See how easy that is?
Ecco angle is just a Strawman argument. This is about noise pollution and absurd attestation that said noise is needed for safety... and then you have a gall to say others shouldn't be bothered by your little bit of noise for 20 seconds.

BTW I have a USFS approved spark arrester which is 100% legal even when we have a code red fire ban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 PM

2,341 posts, read 12,045,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Ecco angle is just a Strawman argument. This is about noise pollution and absurd attestation that said noise is needed for safety... and then you have a gall to say others shouldn't be bothered by your little bit of noise for 20 seconds.

BTW I have a USFS approved spark arrester which is 100% legal even when we have a code red fire ban.
Actually, I'm just calling you a hypocrite. That's all. Destroying the environment, displacing wildlife, and damaging the ecosystem - then having the unmitigated gall to gripe at me because you THINK the pipes on my motorcycle are too loud.

Yeah, that's hypocrisy...

Old 07-02-2013, 09:20 PM

511 posts, read 838,343 times
For what it is worth, my assumption is always the louder the bike, the smaller the package.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
For what it is worth, my assumption is always the louder the bike, the smaller the package.
Why are non-motorcycle riders so obsessed with motorcycle riders' penises?

Old 07-02-2013, 09:41 PM

511 posts, read 838,343 times
GarageLogic, it has nothing to do with the fact that a man rides a motorcycle. It's the pathetic bid for attention that he thinks compensates for other shortcomings. The bike is nothing more than one of the modes of expression.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
GarageLogic, it has nothing to do with the fact that a man rides a motorcycle. It's the pathetic bid for attention that he thinks compensates for other shortcomings. The bike is nothing more than one of the modes of expression.
How do you know?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,480,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Riding a motorcycle on the streets is your choice, no one is forcing you to do it. But I have no choice other than to listen to your stupidly loud exhaust.

You should find ways to make yourself safer (helmets and daytime running lights) without encroaching on the rights of others.

I ride a two stoke dirt bike in the woods, along with deer, elk, moose, bears, trucks and ATV's. I don't run a loud exhaust, but I do use a $600 helmet, $800 knee braces, and full upper body armor. I'm still trying to find a neck brace that will work with my back pack. The back pack contains a first aid kit, search and rescue beacon and sleeping bag & bivy to keep warm overnight. Safety without annoying others any more than I have to.
There is no "right" for peace and quite. Its your "choice" to drive the same streets I drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNM View Post
Loud bikes don't bother me - I like a nice deep rumble. However, revving a bike just for the sake of attention bugs me.

The one exception is when driving through areas with lots of high-end cars, like the touristy part of La Jolla - then I love hearing bikes setting off the car alarms. It makes me feel like a giggly girl. It's probably the only bad thing I enjoy.
That is sometimes fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaB1too View Post

OMG I wish ignoring worked!! My neighbor has the loudest 3 cars on the planet and it annoys the crap out of me . I've ignored it for 7 LONG years. It has not gotten better. In fact now his teenage kid getting in on it also. My only choice is to move. My land here has been in my family for 64 years. Me and DH have worked ourselves ragged making a nice place here with our limited money and skills. We have 10 acres but are only 100 feet from neighbor. When we sell we will have to get much less property and house. Financial reasons, health reasons. It is so wrong that people are allowed to run you out because the are such selfish inconsiderate blank blanks. So sorry I have to disagree IGNORING DOES NOT WORK. There need to be laws.
That sucks, but welcome to America. Put laws in place, go for it. We already have laws, people ignore them. Or we just install cutouts. A flip of the switch, silent.

Quote:
You know what they say about assuming. Ill put money on it that you are wrong!

Quote:
Are you two years old? Really? Please show me my shortcomings!!!

Stupid statements like this are right up there with fat mamma jokes when one starts losing or has no valid argument.

Last edited by blackhemi; 07-03-2013 at 07:25 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 06:56 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
When did this bull**** become fact to you? Did someone with a small penis and a motorcycle rape you at one point, so you made a wild assumption about everyone?

Why can't people simply like louder cars or motorcycles without ignorant morons thinking it means they are compensating for something? Does the converse ring true? Because I drive a silent electric car does that mean I have a huge penis? Does the fact that I also had a BMW 7 series with no mufflers (and only high flow cats and resonators) mean I also have a small penis? Which is it? Do I have a big one or a small one? Your logic dictates that I have both.

Or maybe, you're just wrong and should shut up now.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:47 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
That sucks, but welcome to America. Put laws in place, go for it. We already have laws, people ignore them. Or we just install cutouts. A flip of the switch, silent.
...until we make the exhaust cutouts illegal...

Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,153,262 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles