Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:27 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times

Advertisements

GOPR2900 - YouTube

At 3:02 or so, during the chase on the highway, the SUV tire flew off and rolled down the highway. This suggests that the tire was slashed before the chase started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2013, 10:08 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
How do you account for the flat rear tire on the driver's side?

Perhaps the video here will help:

//www.city-data.com/forum/31915123-post1359.html

When he finally stopped, the front passenger tire was completely gone and the right rear flat. The video does not get a clear view of the driver's side tires, but the left rear appears low, too.

They were beating on his car and broke the mirror. How was he to know their intentions were not violent?

Cruz's behavior shows that the vehicle was chosen. Cruz pulls into the same lane as the SUV, clearly looks at the driver, and then pulls ahead to do his brake check thing. You'll have to ask him why he chose the SUV and not the white van ahead of the SUV. Could it be that an Asian driver with wife and child in the vehicle was more to his liking than whoever was in the van?
Again, he went over the bike(s) so I wouldn't be surprised if both tires on the passenger side were trashed but looking at that video (twice) I couldn't tell or see if the driver side tires were slashed. They appear low because they are not the usually tires with a lot of meat on them, low profile performance tires that naturally look low to those who want to see it that way. The car was slightly tilted towards the passenger side, if driver side tires were gone (at the time) the car would look leveled and that was not the case.

I am not denying there was some ugly violence. A handful of those so-called bikers made the rest of us look bad but look at the video jaypee posted which sort of answers when/how it all started. Right around 5 minute mark, SUV driver gets into a very short verbal confrontation with some of them. He apparently said something foul and when one of them charged he gunned it. That was not fear for his life, to me, it appeared as he acted like a tough guy, instead of using his brain and playing it cool, he ran his mouth off and then gunned it out of there running over a bike which was a completely different scene then the idiot on the bike that cut him off and got bumped. So this guy whether he was right or wrong, unwisely ran his mouth off then try to outrun bunch of angry and violent bikers. Bikers were in the wrong no doubt about that but him getting into an argument and god knows what he said to trigger them to try to open his there at 5:10 tell me he was not a smart man he was thinking about his family's safety at all. He didn't randomly get picked as some thought, this last video clearly shows.

Cause and effect. I think I made my point. I won't be commenting on this ugly incident any more making you think I sympathize with those morons but him being a victim, if so, his own fault at least in part. I call it as I see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

GOPR2900 - YouTube

At 3:02 or so, during the chase on the highway, the SUV tire flew off and rolled down the highway. This suggests that the tire was slashed before the chase started.
There was no tire flying off! Did I not see it or did you see something that wasn't there?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:24 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Again, he went over the bike(s) so I wouldn't be surprised if both tires on the passenger side were trashed but looking at that video (twice) I couldn't tell or see if the driver side tires were slashed. They appear low because they are not the usually tires with a lot of meat on them, low profile performance tires that naturally look low to those who want to see it that way. The car was slightly tilted towards the passenger side, if driver side tires were gone (at the time) the car would look leveled and that was not the case.

I am not denying there was some ugly violence. A handful of those so-called bikers made the rest of us look bad but look at the video jaypee posted which sort of answers when/how it all started. Right around 5 minute mark, SUV driver gets into a very short verbal confrontation with some of them. He apparently said something foul and when one of them charged he gunned it. That was not fear for his life, to me, it appeared as he acted like a tough guy, instead of using his brain and playing it cool, he ran his mouth off and then gunned it out of there running over a bike which was a completely different scene then the idiot on the bike that cut him off and got bumped. So this guy whether he was right or wrong, unwisely ran his mouth off then try to outrun bunch of angry and violent bikers. Bikers were in the wrong no doubt about that but him getting into an argument and god knows what he said to trigger them to try to open his there at 5:10 tell me he was not a smart man he was thinking about his family's safety at all. He didn't randomly get picked as some thought, this last video clearly shows.

Cause and effect. I think I made my point. I won't be commenting on this ugly incident any more making you think I sympathize with those morons but him being a victim, if so, his own fault at least in part. I call it as I see it.

There was no tire flying off! Did I not see it or did you see something that wasn't there?

Your either blind or a troll.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:25 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
The police call em as they see em too and they have way more video and eyewitness accounts than any of us.

They say his tires got slashed and they do believe he feared for himself as well as his family.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 10-23-2013, 09:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,494,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
The police call em as they see em too and they have way more video and eyewitness accounts than any of us.

They say his tires got slashed and they do believe he feared for himself as well as his family.

-- Posted with TapaTalk
But Turco loco knows much more from one biker shot AND edited video.. troll...

Old 10-23-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
But Turco loco knows much more from one biker shot AND edited video.. troll...
Ironic how your last two posts seems like the posts of a true troll, not adding any relevant information, not really taking part in the discussion in a civilized manner but instead making ridiculous comments and calling names because you simply, and evidently, profusely disagree with?

You should yourself till you pass out and leave discussions about adult topics to adults.

Quote:

-- Posted with TapaTalk
I am wondering how you know what they really have, did they disclose that on News? That might be the case because I don't watch TV but I'd still be curious about the validity and authenticity of these additional material.
I'd not go trusting the cops all that much seeing what kind of a pisspoor job they did in the first place. I'd not be surprised if their tailored the evidence in a way to clear themselves/city of the hook as well.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times
Newspaper and TV News accounts all say that the police have more video.....the unedited original video, surveillance video, and other video taken by bikers and witnesses. They also have eyewitness accounts from people on the road and people at the end of the chase.

They also have tons of 911 call recordings.

If the police were interested in whitewashing it, then they wouldn't release to the public that there were policemen riding with the bikers.

-- Posted with TapaTalk

Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Newspaper and TV News accounts all say that the police have more video.....the unedited original video, surveillance video, and other video taken by bikers and witnesses. They also have eyewitness accounts from people on the road and people at the end of the chase.

They also have tons of 911 call recordings.

If the police were interested in whitewashing it, then they wouldn't release to the public that there were policemen riding with the bikers.

-- Posted with TapaTalk
At this day and age, I would be really surprised if they hadn't received much more material than what we all seen so far but the problem is, they will likely to be blurry, short and covering the end of this ugly incident, not so much as to how it all started.

Jaypee's video did share quite a bit more than what I had seen so far.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:17 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post

If, after running over bunch of bikes and their friend, all he got was a beating (didn't even put him in a serious condition by the way), why would he think his or his family's life was in danger?
Two points.

1. Are you saying he should have taken in to account an event that had not yet happened when determining his course of action?

2. Being dragged out of a car and beaten would certainly cause me to fear for my life. He was stomped on and hit with a helmet. Any of those could have easily killed him or caused much more harm than they did.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,118,032 times
The tire rolled down the highway and the biker who took the video pointed to it:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles