Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 07:05 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Wow how do you drive like that..lol that hurts my arms just looking at that bike. That's insane.

As for the crotch rockets they are just plain stupid stupid stupid!!! When I see guys doing that on the roadways I can't wait to see them crash...they get what they deserve!

ya i had one of those croch rockets that is and after about an hour your nutz go numb and you have to walk around for two hours to get feeling back in them.....lol...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 03:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,101 times
Silverwing, good suggestions thanks. I just found that scooter site. I guess there are a couple. ScooterCincinnati and Easy Peasey from columbus. I'll check out that magazine.
I assume you have a silverwing? That's what I'm looking at right now. Scooters are selling like crazy right now. The dealership in Richmond, IN that I go to only got four in this fall and three are already sold. They are putting the last one together this week for me to look at. The new color is red and it looks great. I just have to see if it is too much bike for me. I'm short and will have to have the seat cut down. We want those feet to touch the ground
I checked out the Scooter Diva also...thanks!

Old 12-06-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
Silverwing, good suggestions thanks. I just found that scooter site. I guess there are a couple. ScooterCincinnati and Easy Peasey from columbus. I'll check out that magazine.
I assume you have a silverwing? That's what I'm looking at right now. Scooters are selling like crazy right now. The dealership in Richmond, IN that I go to only got four in this fall and three are already sold. They are putting the last one together this week for me to look at. The new color is red and it looks great. I just have to see if it is too much bike for me. I'm short and will have to have the seat cut down. We want those feet to touch the ground
check out the trike kit they make for scooters.

Old 12-06-2008, 05:57 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I assume you have a silverwing?
Yup, a 2002. We (spouse had one) were among the first SW riders in the US. Bought 'em sight unseen after mulling over the decision to move up from our Helix(s)

Quote:
That's what I'm looking at right now. Scooters are selling like crazy right now. The dealership in Richmond, IN that I go to only got four in this fall and three are already sold.
Really? I know that scooters were going out the door as soon as the dealers had them, last summer, because of the gas situation. I was wondering what would happen to a lot of them if the gas prices stay so low this spring/summer. If past history repeats itself, they'll probably end up in sheds and the back of garages. You might keep an eye out this spring for a deal.

Quote:
I just have to see if it is too much bike for me. I'm short and will have to have the seat cut down. We want those feet to touch the ground
Uh, yeah. The SW is a bit of a challenge for the inseam impaired . I couldn't flatfoot mine when sitting all the way back on the seat and developed a method of scooching forward as I came to a stop. 'course, that problem went away when I put a sidecar on mine

There's a Silverwing group on Yahoo. It's been around since late 2001. I haven't checked on it for a few years; the non-threaded formatting sucks like a Hoover so I don't bother anymore. Another good message board is Maxi-Scooters Maxi-Scooters! :: Maxi Scooters Information And Forum (http://www.maxi-scoots.com/postnuke/index.php - broken link) There are a lot of the sooper scooter riders there.

I'm just glad there is such a diversity of scooters now. Other than the Helix there really wasn't much to choose from in the modern scooter line, back when. Yamaha had the Zuma; certainly nothing more powerful than a 250cc. We were thisclose to buying motorcycles when Honda announced they would be sending the Silverwing to the US.

I can understand the itch to move up. The Helix is good for local riding; we thought that's all we would be doing; but once we saw how fun it was, more distant roads began to beckon The Helix is ok for long distance rides, but we wanted something with more *oomph* just in case we wanted to get on the busier roads.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
check out the trike kit they make for scooters.

Not the Voyager
At least on the Silverwing.

Spouse triked his with that kit and it was such a PITA in the beginning. The installer used the same bolts from the center stand (that comes off, btw) to attach the mid-frame assembly. The bolts were too short, causing the thing to come apart as Dh was heading down the interstate. Also - and maybe another rider could tinker with the assembly to correct the issue - the Voyager lifts the back end of the bike just enough to take away traction. Dh had a hell of a problem trying to ride gravel roads. His bike kept spinning out in the back.

I wanted him to get off a two-wheel vehicle after he had a stroke and was put on some major blood thinners. Had nightmares seeing him come off the bike in an accident and bleed to death from a small road rash That lead to the decision to go with the Can-Am Spyder this past spring. I was going to learn to ride it, but each time we pulled it out of the garage I would look over and see my poor Silverwing. Such a look of reproach I'll try again this spring, but I think it'll have to be done in a way that I don't look at the Scrat-Hack (that's its name) when I hop on the Can-Am

Old 12-06-2008, 09:12 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,101 times
I'll look that site up, sounds good. Most of my senior's group have the Helix and Reflex. We do have a few Burgmans and two Silverwings. We ride on Thursdays when the weather is nice. We go in about a 100 mile radius. I've learned a lot from the guys and appreciate their help to me the past three summers. Over the years with the three scooter I have had I have just ridden by myself. But I've enjoyed the group rides.
I'm anxious just to sit on that Silverwing next week..

Old 12-06-2008, 09:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Nice scoot, but maybe it needs a little bit of "customizing" to fit in with the "biker" look...
aaahhh thanks. now we are getting somewhere. peewee herman never had it so good.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Not the Voyager At least on the Silverwing.

Spouse triked his with that kit and it was such a PITA in the beginning. The installer used the same bolts from the center stand (that comes off, btw) to attach the mid-frame assembly. The bolts were too short, causing the thing to come apart as Dh was heading down the interstate. Also - and maybe another rider could tinker with the assembly to correct the issue - the Voyager lifts the back end of the bike just enough to take away traction. Dh had a hell of a problem trying to ride gravel roads. His bike kept spinning out in the back.

I wanted him to get off a two-wheel vehicle after he had a stroke and was put on some major blood thinners. Had nightmares seeing him come off the bike in an accident and bleed to death from a small road rash That lead to the decision to go with the Can-Am Spyder this past spring. I was going to learn to ride it, but each time we pulled it out of the garage I would look over and see my poor Silverwing. Such a look of reproach I'll try again this spring, but I think it'll have to be done in a way that I don't look at the Scrat-Hack (that's its name) when I hop on the Can-Am

you guys have one of those can am's? those look pretty cool. i have seen those at a motorcycle dealer near us.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 5,748 times
hero honda

Old 12-10-2008, 10:29 AM

836 posts, read 3,381,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
ya i had one of those croch rockets that is and after about an hour your nutz go numb and you have to walk around for two hours to get feeling back in them.....lol...
lol JFRRACING thanks for the un-needed information....Thankfully I don't have to worry about getting that kind of numbness..hehe since I am a woman . I wouldn't ride a crotch rocket anyways they are just too fast for me and I'd probably kill myself on it. I'll stick to my HD for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles