Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:46 PM

30 posts, read 84,738 times

Advertisements

LOL!!

I ride a Honda Aero. Hubby doesn't ride, and believe me, it's better that way. I've seen him, try to ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2008, 06:29 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DzzRed View Post
LOL!!

I ride a Honda Aero. Hubby doesn't ride, and believe me, it's better that way. I've seen him, try to ride.

Is he the one i seen on america's funniest home video's crashing into the fence on a motorcycle. lol

Old 05-14-2008, 06:43 PM

30 posts, read 84,738 times

Nope that's not him. LOL!!

He came dang close on hitting the workshop, while moving my bike. I told him of the foot and hand brake, clutch...etc. His method of stopping the bike, was to put both feet down, and dragged the bike to a stop. (It reminded me of Fred Flintstone LMBO!!!!)

Old 05-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Talking Funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DzzRed View Post

Nope that's not him. LOL!!

He came dang close on hitting the workshop, while moving my bike. I told him of the foot and hand brake, clutch...etc. His method of stopping the bike, was to put both feet down, and dragged the bike to a stop. (It reminded me of Fred Flintstone LMBO!!!!)

OH MAN, that is really funny. i can picture that. actually i would have like to see a picture of that . LOL

Old 05-20-2008, 02:13 AM

1,297 posts, read 4,767,964 times
I started to ride when I was 12 yrs.old. First bike was a 1966 Honda 90, then graduated to dads 1966 Honda 305 Dream, next 1972 Yamaha DT 250, 1977 XT 500, 1973 CB 750, 1981 Honda Goldwing and last was 2005 Harley Ultra-Classic, loved them all but am now motorcycleless.

Old 05-20-2008, 04:24 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
I guess my little 250 cc Honda Rebel wont impress anybody.
I don't care.
I got it for good gas mileage and just having fun.
Besides, it looks nice, does what I want it to, and will do highway speed if I need it to. (No reserve but it will do highway speed.)
I've had it up to 82 mph indicated speed but you have to really wind it out in each gear to get there. It will do 70, 75 mph all day with no problem. Slows down a little on the hills.
I bought it new last summer when the gas prices started going up.
Rode bikes a lot when I was younger. Decided I wanted to ride again.
Being an older gentleman and not having a need for "show off" the Rebel fits me just fine.
When I get younger I might go for a big Harley. Never had one. Always wanted one.
But for now the Rebel is all I need.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:07 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
I guess my little 250 cc Honda Rebel wont impress anybody %<snippage>% I don't care. Being an older gentleman and not having a need for "show off" the Rebel fits me just fine. When I get younger I might go for a big Harley. Never had one. Always wanted one. But for now the Rebel is all I need.
The Riders' Mantra: It's not what you ride, just that you do

Our stable consists of a 2002 Honda Silverwing with sidecar; same model that's been triked; a Russian Ural with sidecar; and the new Can-Am Spyder. We like being diverse, though we're looking at getting rid of the triked 'wing and the Ural - insurance and taxes just don't justify the amount of miles we put on those two bikes

We're not in the 'club/culture atmosphere' that pervades the Harley (and Goldwing to some extent) worlds; like you, we just like to ride.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:46 AM

Cool Motorcycles Rule

You don't have to impress anyone but your self. just enjoy riding, that's all you have to do. RIDE TO LIVE AND LIVE TO RIDE.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
You don't have to impress anyone but your self. just enjoy riding, that's all you have to do. RIDE TO LIVE AND LIVE TO RIDE.
Thats right, i wear full gear when I ride and always get the why do you wear that stuff question from certian riders they tell me it cramps their style because they like to look cool, I always tell them I enjoy my skin It gives me the creeps when I see someone riding in shorts and a tanktop, roadrash hurts and it doesn't heal pretty.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:10 AM

11 posts, read 40,498 times
ha Motorcycles ha funny... i would only ride one if i knew the person really well that was driving it i am to afraid to get on a motorcycle with someone i dont know its just me idk... maybe i am weird...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles