Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 10:08 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times

Advertisements

Maybe, just maybe, it had nothing to do with what happened in the parking lot?

Did you accidentally check out his wife/gf when you first entered? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 12:46 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,604,433 times
Actually the biker was a douchebag for parking his scooter so deep into the parking spot, inviting cars to pull into what they think is an empty spot.

Old 07-19-2017, 01:59 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I see people get as close as that all the time to cars when they park in parking lots. It sounds like this was a big baby who thinks because he drives a Harley people need to respect him and be in awe of his bike like he is. He was a douche, big time. You should have kicked his ass for tripping you.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:27 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default Was I Too Close

no you did nothing wrong, the guy is just a jerk.

Old 07-21-2017, 01:55 AM

783 posts, read 576,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I've just had an absolutely BIZARRE incident with a (presumed) motorcyclist and wanted to ask y'all what you think. I had just gotten off work and decided to go to a Chipotle that just opened near my house, it's the closest one now and I was excited to check it out.

I drove into the new parking lot (for the first time, I might add) & I always try to pick a corner spot or other kind of spot that is likely to minimize chances for scratches or damage on my car. If you notice to the left side of the video, a car is backing out as I am parking. I would usually back into this corner spot with a C-shaped move from the center of the lot instead of the way I did, but I didn't want to potentially get hit by the car backing out if it did not see me. I parked and walked into the new Chipotle.

When I entered, the first thing I saw was a balding, middle-aged (late 40's or early 50's) white guy, 5'8" or so with a Harley-Davidson baseball cap on staring at me like a lunatic. It was absolutely obvious, no flinching whatsoever, just staring at me. I went to the counter & ordered my carnitas burrito & went to a table. His lunch partner, a female, took a few glances at me, as well. This was all very obvious and noticeable to me. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. When I came out, the man stood up and went to the bathroom as well & literally TRIPPED me as I was walking to my table. Some serious passive aggression right there. I didn't fall, I managed to catch my balance and to his credit, this sphincter was very subtle: it would have been difficult to tell that it was on purpose. It really was very subtle but based on the earlier nonverbal interaction, it was glaringly obvious that it was purposely done.

After that, I got a sour taste in my mouth and was really, really annoyed that my first visit to a new Chipotle was marred in such a way. This guy could have come up to me and started a conversation with me about his motorcycle and asked if I liked it, since I drove up so close to it. He could have suggested that perhaps I drove a little too close to his bike & that some motorcyclists would not appreciate that. Instead he creepily glared at me and passive aggressively tripped me. In my mind, this guy's an obnoxious sphincter.

However, I am a major autophile and I love cars. I love the subculture. I understand that motorcyclists have a subculture of their own and that they can react in a certain way when it comes to their motorcycles. My best friend from 6th grade (turned out we were born in the same hospital even though we met 4,300 miles away from it) is a motorcycle FREAK who owns his own motorcycle track and rents time on it for people. Another good friend of mine who currently lives in Greece races his Ducatis and has educated me a bit on motorcycles, even with my short attention span.

My question is, was I in the wrong? Did I deserve this reaction? I think I didn't deserve such an obnoxious (& potentially dangerous, if I had tripped) reaction for PARKING MY CAR. The motorcycle was parked deep into the parking spot: if it had been parked a bit closer to the front, I wouldn't have had space to do what I did & would have resorted to the C-shaped back-in. The next time I am in such a parking situation, what do I do? Just avoid all motorcycles even if it inconveniences me? How come this guy takes offense to me but if the F-150 sitting next to his bike opened its door, would he have the same problem? Just a weird situation. What, this guy's a special little snowflake? Well, I didn't see the "Special Little Snowflake" placard on his motorcycle. Sheesh! I'm pissed off that it ruined what was supposed to be a pleasant experience. If it was a small SMART car or a Fiat 500 that parked deep into the parking spot, I would've done the exact same thing. This guy with his bike ain't special.

Anyways, what do y'all think? Thank you very much in advance! I'm curious to hear your opinions. Have a great day!

Video is linked below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB3TGgfgAAI
OP, you did ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong. Some people just think that they have a right to have things their way. Well, when you're in public, and as Rooster Cogburn said, "you cannot have your way in every little particular. "

Also, nobody cares about biker's peeves. You don't run anything. You drive on public streets just like the rest of us, and you park on other people's property just like the rest of us. Just because you ride a 'hog' doesn't mean you're special.

EDIT: Also, props for having the dash cam. I will never drive another car without one.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:33 PM

556 posts, read 788,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
I've just had an absolutely BIZARRE incident with a (presumed) motorcyclist and wanted to ask y'all what you think. I had just gotten off work and decided to go to a Chipotle that just opened near my house, it's the closest one now and I was excited to check it out.

I drove into the new parking lot (for the first time, I might add) & I always try to pick a corner spot or other kind of spot that is likely to minimize chances for scratches or damage on my car. If you notice to the left side of the video, a car is backing out as I am parking. I would usually back into this corner spot with a C-shaped move from the center of the lot instead of the way I did, but I didn't want to potentially get hit by the car backing out if it did not see me. I parked and walked into the new Chipotle.

When I entered, the first thing I saw was a balding, middle-aged (late 40's or early 50's) white guy, 5'8" or so with a Harley-Davidson baseball cap on staring at me like a lunatic. It was absolutely obvious, no flinching whatsoever, just staring at me. I went to the counter & ordered my carnitas burrito & went to a table. His lunch partner, a female, took a few glances at me, as well. This was all very obvious and noticeable to me. I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. When I came out, the man stood up and went to the bathroom as well & literally TRIPPED me as I was walking to my table. Some serious passive aggression right there. I didn't fall, I managed to catch my balance and to his credit, this sphincter was very subtle: it would have been difficult to tell that it was on purpose. It really was very subtle but based on the earlier nonverbal interaction, it was glaringly obvious that it was purposely done.

After that, I got a sour taste in my mouth and was really, really annoyed that my first visit to a new Chipotle was marred in such a way. This guy could have come up to me and started a conversation with me about his motorcycle and asked if I liked it, since I drove up so close to it. He could have suggested that perhaps I drove a little too close to his bike & that some motorcyclists would not appreciate that. Instead he creepily glared at me and passive aggressively tripped me. In my mind, this guy's an obnoxious sphincter.

However, I am a major autophile and I love cars. I love the subculture. I understand that motorcyclists have a subculture of their own and that they can react in a certain way when it comes to their motorcycles. My best friend from 6th grade (turned out we were born in the same hospital even though we met 4,300 miles away from it) is a motorcycle FREAK who owns his own motorcycle track and rents time on it for people. Another good friend of mine who currently lives in Greece races his Ducatis and has educated me a bit on motorcycles, even with my short attention span.

My question is, was I in the wrong? Did I deserve this reaction? I think I didn't deserve such an obnoxious (& potentially dangerous, if I had tripped) reaction for PARKING MY CAR. The motorcycle was parked deep into the parking spot: if it had been parked a bit closer to the front, I wouldn't have had space to do what I did & would have resorted to the C-shaped back-in. The next time I am in such a parking situation, what do I do? Just avoid all motorcycles even if it inconveniences me? How come this guy takes offense to me but if the F-150 sitting next to his bike opened its door, would he have the same problem? Just a weird situation. What, this guy's a special little snowflake? Well, I didn't see the "Special Little Snowflake" placard on his motorcycle. Sheesh! I'm pissed off that it ruined what was supposed to be a pleasant experience. If it was a small SMART car or a Fiat 500 that parked deep into the parking spot, I would've done the exact same thing. This guy with his bike ain't special.

Anyways, what do y'all think? Thank you very much in advance! I'm curious to hear your opinions. Have a great day!
If that was your boom box making that racket I'd have been giving you the evil eye also. You also did pull closer to that bike than you needed to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles