Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 05:06 PM

9,503 posts, read 4,339,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Your first sentence is a response to something no one said. Chuckle out loud.

Not all Harley riders are pirates and not all R1 riders are squids.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you have horrible comprehension skills.
Seriously? Here's what YOU posted. I highlighted the relevant words in bold so you don't get confused.

Quote:
They think they can because they actually can. Harley pirates are exactly the same as squids who buy R1's. They're trying to project an image.

Ever been to a car show or cruise in and seen the hipster 50's greaser wannabes? They can buy their lifestyle at a goodwill store.
Here's my first sentence (the one you claim is in response to something one one said):

"Not everyone who buys a liter class sport bike is a squid or is trying to project an image"

Note the commonality, specifically the EXACT PHRASE "project an image". Jeebus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 05:08 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
Never owned a Toyota. I drive a cargo van that can haul a motorcycle. 4 wheels are boring. Practicality is king.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Never owned a Toyota. I drive a cargo van that can haul a motorcycle. 4 wheels are boring. Practicality is king.
A cargo van is the automotive equivalent of an appliance. Nothing wrong with that - I own a cargo van and use it to carry my motocross bikes to the track. Curious as to why you mention your van's ability to carry a motorcycle when it seems like you hate motorcycles and motorcyclists. You know - calling H-D riders "pirates" and R1 riders "squids". The vast majority of 4-wheeled vehicles are boring, but some are an absolute blast. I'd bet you'd wet yourself if you tried to drive something like a Corvette Z06 or Dodge Hellcat with the electronic nannies disabled.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Seriously? Here's what YOU posted. I highlighted the relevant words in bold so you don't get confused.

Here's my first sentence (the one you claim is in response to something one one said):

"Not everyone who buys a liter class sport bike is a squid or is trying to project an image"

Note the commonality, specifically the EXACT PHRASE "project an image". Jeebus.

I assumed it was understood that I was talking about the Harley riders who do it as weekend pirates. Didn't mean to project that every single Harley owner is a pirate.

Same as the squids who ride litre bikes. I'm talking about the squids. Not every single litre bike owner... Jeebus.

Old 01-26-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
A cargo van is the automotive equivalent of an appliance. Nothing wrong with that - I own a cargo van and use it to carry my motocross bikes to the track. Curious as to why you mention your van's ability to carry a motorcycle when it seems like you hate motorcycles and motorcyclists. You know - calling H-D riders "pirates" and R1 riders "squids".

You're extremely boring.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
You're extremely boring.
And your ability to engage in rational discourse is non-existent.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:41 PM

778 posts, read 505,415 times
Ah, well. I had a couple of Sporty's BITD, and a metric cruiser for a while, then a Yamaha FJR1300 that was too twitchy. Now I ride a 2000 BMW R1100RT and like it a lot. It's smooth, has plenty of power for me, has an electric windshield and hard bags, with shaft drive. 80 MPH down the freeway is like glass. But I also have a '92 Honda 750 for use around town, which I also like. Ride what you want, no one else's opinion matters.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:28 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if they dropped their 6 cylinder and jumped on the v-twin bandwagon? I think Honda is the only one of the Big 4 manufacturers that offers more cylinders than 2 for a touring bike, not including the sport-touring class (if it still exists). 25 years ago, I think all of the Big 4 had 4-cylinder touring bikes.

HONDA had 6 cylinder CBX touring bikes in '81 and '82 and sportier versions in '79 and '80.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,287,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
HONDA had 6 cylinder CBX touring bikes in '81 and '82 and sportier versions in '79 and '80.
BMW's big K bike and the Honda Valkyrie and Wing are all sixes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles