Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:29 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Yes, they should have kept the Dynas.

Lowrider S has good power. Bad clearance for turns, though.

$6800 for a big twin with low miles? Sounds like a killer deal. Was it declared totaled or flooded?
Nope midlife crisis toy, owner had diabetes real bad ocular degeneration and neuropathy in his feet could barely walk much less keep the bike up.
843 miles on a 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 01:52 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,322,599 times
Quote:
$6800 for a big twin with low miles? Sounds like a killer deal. Was it declared totaled or flooded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nope midlife crisis toy, owner had diabetes real bad ocular degeneration and neuropathy in his feet could barely walk much less keep the bike up.
843 miles on a 13.

Sweet. I'm now wondering if a person can find deals like that if he's patient. Any particular parts of the country that are best to look?

Old 09-27-2017, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 655 times
Default Harley Davidson 3 wheel design by quincy l brown.

Quote:
For HD it is an earth shattering change.

They're not likely to come out with a brand new bike by themselves. Their V-Rod was designed by another company. I don't know if HD manufactures it, even today. HD's dirt bikes from long ago were made by an Italian company.

I wish they kept Buell. I'm wondering if some within the company think it was a mistake to drop them.
Hello this is Casper the friendly gohost with much respect and admiration.... I am Quincy L Brown of Victorian Royal blood and Her Queen Elizabeth of Buckingham Palace once alone ancestors in North, Central Americas plus America United States now.

I approve of 300,000 motorcycle to by hand built. Quincy

Old 09-28-2017, 04:11 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Sweet. I'm now wondering if a person can find deals like that if he's patient. Any particular parts of the country that are best to look?
For me I could find deals all of the time in NY MA CT VT PA.
Now, I'm in Florida.

Thing is with used bikes... it's year round riding weather.
It's nothing to see a 2 year old bike with 25 30k miles on the odometer.
That's what kept me from buying the bike I had originally intended to scoop up cheap-An American Iron Horse Tejas. Needed a new belt. Was clean never dropped. No scratches. Had 57k miles on it said nope. Pass. I remember when I was a teenager those were 50 60k dollar bikes. See alot of them over on A1A put put ing around.

Cars. Trucks. Bikes. Guns. Engines. Boats. Quads. Jetskis. Antique tractors. Anything mechanical I'm on it.

The deals I find, are either through coworkers, neighbors, or sometimes Craigslist.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:38 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,322,599 times
Quote:
For me I could find deals all of the time in NY MA CT VT PA.
Now, I'm in Florida.

The deals I find, are either through coworkers, neighbors, or sometimes Craigslist.

Thanks.

Quote:
ey owners... absolutely need SPF1000 though. Sun is brutal down here!

I work either in a non air-conditioned conditioned shop, or out in the sun. Amusing is drinking up to 2 gallons of water before noon and not have to use the bathroom...

Sun is nastier in the Southwest. No humidity, though.

I had that experience drinking a lot of water and not needing the bathroom myself a long time ago.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:57 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,175,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Why do you figure Indian will be dead in 10 years? The Scout Sixty is near the top of my list for next bike (along with the Iron 883). Every comparison review I've seen between those two has picked the Scout as the clearly superior choice. It has more power, rides smoother and has a more linear and robust powerband. The only area I would give the Iron the nod is in the looks department. However, now Indian has come out with the new Scout Bobber. It's a great looking bike, no doubt.

I'm also hoping Indian comes out with a standard or mid-control cruiser based on their flattrack FTR750 model.
The problem Indian has is building bikes quickly enough. We went looking after we tested a Scout and Roadmaster at Sturgis and both bikes are excellent on their own, they don't need to be compared to any other bike to be great. The dealers had one bike for sale and the next batches were spoken for too.
And Triumph-our main bike is a 2003 Tiger that has been reliable and still rides likeva champ.

Good luck HD, hope the faithful stay true even well into their golden years. The rest of is can enjoy our bikes that we chose on merit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles