Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 11:43 AM

1,066 posts, read 624,923 times

Advertisements

I have 2500 in riding gear in a giant wardrobe thing. Summer time= too hot for anything. I would rather risk it than burn in 90-100degrees.

I sold the 750 this week posted a pic of it the blue and white one got 6.5k out of it, no regrets and I am done personalizing the gsxs1000.

Throttlemeister throttle lock
ASV Levers
Ecu flashed
Pair mod block
Puig windscreen
Puig mirrors
Tank protector clear stuff
Powder coated exhaust tip and heat shield
Speedo corrector-SpeedoDRD
Rear seat cowl
Evotech radiator guard
Rizoma front turn signals
Rear integrated tail light (has sequential turn signals built in)
Blockout plate (filled the fender holes from old plate holder)

Last edited by FreedomPenguin; 01-05-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 AM

6,031 posts, read 6,103,530 times
Customizers are interesting to me. Must be careful not to sink too much, IME, because little if-any of that sunk cost is ever recovered on resale.

I had a Blackbird...the 1990s answers to Honda's big GT bike, they seem to always have a 1000cc inline four in the lineup...for fifty or sixty K miles and nearly ten years. Such bikes seem to last forever.

Throttlemeisters are great for distance. I've dong some beaucoup trips and they help.
Levers are great for when you sand off stockers sliding down the street.
Windscreens adjust airflow but can be finicky depending on user height.
Tank protectors...fewer scratches. Hallelujah.
Etc., relatively minor mods...

Only thing I'd do not mentioned is a GPS mount (permanent) with hardwired, switched power. Had this on my Blackbird, then later (same GPS) on my Multistrada. Second Multi was an upgraded GPS w/hard mount. Damn the expense, this is useful add. And, fast to remove and lock in the saddlebags.

Saddlebags are ugly to some. I love them, maybe that's an Old Guy Bike (OGB) sort of thing. I'd have scoffed at any such thing in my 20s on sportbikes, but for GT bikes or Adventure...yeah baby.

Well done on all this. Sounds like you have a good street rod for trips, too. I think you've found a decent and cost-effective solution after all...for what you really want. And that's what matters, end of the day.

Oh, PS: living in SF Bay Area seven years and riding as my *only* transport for years (about four), I became a fan of fully ventilated gear. Pants and light jacket, with armor, or armored jeans. I didn't crash too often and perhaps fortunately, usually while wearing good gear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles