U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 11:02 PM

770 posts, read 854,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
They are cute creatures but the damage they can do is terrible.

I looked inside the boat yesterday and it is depressing. It is really bad when something that you have taken care of for years is trashed.

I have been doing a bit of research into replacing the seats and it is pricey plus they are generic and I don't know what to do about the side panels. The original seats are so neat with the 2 tone accents and Stingray stitched right into them.

What a mess.
do you have home owners insurance?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2021, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 909 times
First you need to get rid of the raccoons, because they will continue to spoil your property.

Old 04-14-2021, 04:27 PM

3,469 posts, read 4,229,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
They can be sweet sometimes too.
....as in covered with BBQ sauce ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 04-22-2021, 04:47 PM

3 posts, read 534 times
Yeah, I'd be offended, too. I don't like raccoons because they hurt me just as much. My husband and I had prepared all my garden furniture for the summer and, already installed it, was brutally destroyed. We spent a lot of money on new garden furniture and raccoons gave us a "holiday." My husband was so angry that he took out his rifle and decided to hunt them. I stopped him quickly because I know that some animals are protected by law and don't want any problems. Then a raccoon removal company became a great solution.

Last edited by annejohnson; 04-22-2021 at 05:12 PM..

Old 04-27-2021, 11:09 PM

3,748 posts, read 1,459,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Does anyone have a similar story of animal destruction to share and commiserate with me?
Sure, thousands do. The one, single thing they all have in common? They all have "soy-based" vanilla flavored wire insulation. Rodents LOVE this stuff. Car repair places LOVE this stuff. Insurance Co's LOVE this stuff (because it ain't covered.)
Next stopp is to get moth balls and put them just about everywhere on your boat.

As a side note, I hope you don't have a 2011 or newer car or truck....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...hink-is-tasty/

Old 04-28-2021, 04:56 AM

3,486 posts, read 2,779,578 times
Not a raccoon story but....

Our neighborhood has community docks where many folks leave their boats year round. Unfortunately, our neighborhood also is near the roosts to a committee of (government protected) buzzards.

2 springs ago several of our neighbors found that the buzzards had taken up home under the covers of their pontoon boats. Like your boat the upholstery was shredded and the carpet was ruined with buzzard schit.

Unlike raccoons you can't just chase a bunch of buzzards off and since they are a protected species you can't shoot them -- at least not legally.

And try as you might you cannot find anything cute or sweet about buzzards.

Old 04-29-2021, 02:43 PM

16,929 posts, read 11,187,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampaTom View Post
Not a raccoon story but....

Our neighborhood has community docks where many folks leave their boats year round. Unfortunately, our neighborhood also is near the roosts to a committee of (government protected) buzzards.

2 springs ago several of our neighbors found that the buzzards had taken up home under the covers of their pontoon boats. Like your boat the upholstery was shredded and the carpet was ruined with buzzard schit.

Unlike raccoons you can't just chase a bunch of buzzards off and since they are a protected species you can't shoot them -- at least not legally.

And try as you might you cannot find anything cute or sweet about buzzards.

UGH Buzzards! I bet they left a gross mess especially if they brought their favored food home or regurgitated it up.

I still have the boat, never did fix the upholstery. I had thought of buying a new to me boat this year and sell mine but prices are stupid so it looks like I will be running with the SS Racoon another season.

Old Today, 06:32 PM

5,109 posts, read 7,517,193 times
We had a cat attacked by a raccoon and he nearly died.
They love to rip the heads off of chickens and leave the bodies.
I don’t find them cute anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles