Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 06:10 AM

193 posts, read 160,017 times

Advertisements

Morning

As my msf course comes near and my research on things has slowly come to an end .
im been seeing tons and tons of people wearing no gear what so ever on the road in NC , Charlotte to be specfic. I dont know if im alone in this but honestly im seeing people wear brain buckets no gloves, proper boot/shoes , no jacket , pants/ or even armored pants ,no helmets . Funny enough the only time I see someone wear the basics if adv and scooters guys. Most ppl on cruisers and sports barely wear them , especially cruisers from what i see. I understand the heat and being hot but you sweat in every sport ,ppl who play hockey even sweat. if you dont want to wear gear i think i would suggest to buy a car -_-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 09:31 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,183,454 times
This is Merica where we can pursue happiness in 100 deg heat without wearing a heavy jacket and pants and burning up. Having said that, we should be happy in a nice helmet protecting precious few brain cells.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:32 AM

529 posts, read 497,875 times
Go to states that do not require helmets. Watch the riders that are in just a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.

I wish there was a waiver for those people, so when they crash and screw up their brains (what they had), or body, the taxpayer isn't responsible for them. What insurance they may have, only goes so far. Tough luck. You knew the possibilities....

Old 09-10-2018, 09:56 AM

193 posts, read 160,017 times
i just dont get it though , gear can cost but so can health bills , and gears most of the time looks cool and also protects to me its a win win , yes ill sweat but i rather sweat than bleed , and when new guys see this they start thinking they dont need gear and then folks who see these bikers start stereotyping about how bikers dont wear gear smh

Old 09-10-2018, 01:32 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,331,909 times
Road crayons

Old 09-11-2018, 06:02 AM

924 posts, read 1,026,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstriker View Post
Morning

As my msf course comes near and my research on things has slowly come to an end .
im been seeing tons and tons of people wearing no gear what so ever on the road in NC , Charlotte to be specfic. I dont know if im alone in this but honestly im seeing people wear brain buckets no gloves, proper boot/shoes , no jacket , pants/ or even armored pants ,no helmets . Funny enough the only time I see someone wear the basics if adv and scooters guys. Most ppl on cruisers and sports barely wear them , especially cruisers from what i see. I understand the heat and being hot but you sweat in every sport ,ppl who play hockey even sweat. if you dont want to wear gear i think i would suggest to buy a car -_-
lol come to colorado you will see almost EVERY rider without gear. I feel like the odd one out because I wear gear. Dont get confused though, there are some shirts and jackets that look like casual clothing but has armor underneath and construction is heavier.

I have a jacket that looks like normal, (more like a hoodie sweater) and does have armor underneath; bought it from revzilla.

But in my eyes one should always wear armor; you just never know!

Might or might not count, but I took a nasty fall at 30 MPH inside a dirt forest road. I was going too fast on a turn for my experience and was about to go off the edge, so I panicked. I ended up hitting the front brake hard and slammed into the hard packed ground.

looking at my armor the next day, it probably saved me from some nasty abrasions, and probably bruising would have been worse. My elbow was bruised for about 1 month.....imagine without gear....

hand gloves were a little shredded but seems my elbows took the biggest impact oddly. I guess when I fell i stuck both my hands out but the force went straight to my elbows.

sure its hard dirt road, but the impact would probably have been the same on asphalt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles