Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:04 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
http://www.sachsmadass.com.au/images/madass-sydneybridge.jpg (broken link)
I like the look of the Sachs Madass scooter http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php?p=3945

http://www.moto-scoot.net/images/performance1.jpg (broken link)d S
achs MadAss

Last edited by High Springs Gator; 06-18-2008 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 12:35 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
We pay for stupid. Millions on welfare depend on us too!

Scooter rider gets road rashed head to toe and need skin graphs for the next year and they paid extra for that million dollar insurance. Guess who rates go up.

Scooter rider dies because of head injury that a helmet could have prevented. The insurance company pays out the death benefit to the family. Who pays for it?
Screw a helmet...if I'm on a little vespa and on the road, I'll be wearing something like this...

Old 06-18-2008, 01:01 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,435 times
id like to get a honda ruckus. tho 2 things concern me. im 6'3, 220 lbs, can that little thing get me up hills? also, im not sure id be comfy going 30mph on a road thats speed limit is 40 and has no shoulder

Old 06-18-2008, 01:06 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
I LOVE the look of a Vespa and the gas mileage is amazing however with the amount of sudden rain we get here in Florida, I don't see that working out for me unless it was a secondary kind of thing.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:13 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I LOVE the look of a Vespa and the gas mileage is amazing however with the amount of sudden rain we get here in Florida, I don't see that working out for me unless it was a secondary kind of thing.
I always carried rain gear with me when I rode a 125 Honda S as a daily driver to work and back many yrs ago. And I live in Fl also. Worked for me.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:31 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
id like to get a honda ruckus. tho 2 things concern me. im 6'3, 220 lbs, can that little thing get me up hills? also, im not sure id be comfy going 30mph on a road thats speed limit is 40 and has no shoulder
Look for a used 250. When Honda introduced the Ruckus it came out in two engine sizes: 49cc and 250cc. The larger size attained sort of a cult status among those who like Battle Scooters, but I think it was only marketed up to around 2005, maybe 2006

Honda Motorcycles

Old 06-18-2008, 07:38 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
We pay for stupid. Millions on welfare depend on us too!

Scooter rider gets road rashed head to toe and need skin graphs for the next year and they paid extra for that million dollar insurance. Guess who rates go up.

Scooter rider dies because of head injury that a helmet could have prevented. The insurance company pays out the death benefit to the family. Who pays for it?
Sounds like an issue between the insurance company and the people they insure. An insurance company has every right to require its customers to use a helmet. People can choose to not be insured by a company which will obviously have higher rates to cover helmetless drivers or the company with lower premiums who only cover helmeted drivers. In any case, it's not a state matter. We don't need a nanny state.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:47 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
We are looking for a Vespa 150 CC to drive around town on. They get about 65 MPG and it goes up to about 70 MPH. That's more than fast enough for city driving.

It will fit both DH and I, and I could use it to run over to work. We just sold our second car so will be getting rid of our second parking space (cost $145/ month which is actually cheap for the area). A Vespa seems like a good way to keep me mobile, eliminate the extra parking space, and for both of us to get around town at weekends.

Parking is awful here, so a Vespa would be useful in that respect too.

I was impressed with them - $5000 isn't all that cheap, but for a city run around, I think it's a great choice.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:13 PM

21 posts, read 54,123 times
Red face I have never driven a Vespa, but am moving to Portland or Seattle next year and want to get one as a "get to work and ba

No you can't ride in the bike lane.

We had a moped back in the 70's in Seattle and there were a couple of hills, like from Green Lake to Ballard where the moped had problems, other than that, no problem.

We are now in our VERY late 60's and are looking for a Vespa or other 4 stroke cycle for running errands, going to meetings, etc. Don't like the noise of a 2 stroke. There is an interesting cycle outfit in Seattle called Sound Speed Scooters: Sound Speed Scooters Seattle | Yelp They are doing a lot of work on electric run scooters, mopeds.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:48 PM

190 posts, read 680,983 times
Why would anyone pay $5000 for a 150cc scooter? Think outside the marketing push and you will find that your $$ can go much further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles