Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Harley-Davidson Motorcycle would you buy?
Sportster XL883 1 1.85%
Sportster XL883L 0 0%
Sportster XL883C 0 0%
Sportster XL1200N 0 0%
Sportster XL1200L 1 1.85%
Sportster XL1200C 2 3.70%
Sportster XL1200R 3 5.56%
DYNA FXD 0 0%
DYNA FXDC 0 0%
DYNA FXDB 0 0%
DYNA FXDL 1 1.85%
DYNA FXDF 0 0%
DYNA FXDWG 1 1.85%
Softail FXSTB 1 1.85%
Softail FXSTC 0 0%
Softail FXSTF 0 0%
Softail FXSTN 1 1.85%
Softail FXSTC 0 0%
Softail FXSTSB 3 5.56%
Softail FXCW 0 0%
VRSC WRSCAW 3 5.56%
VRSC VRSCD 3 5.56%
VRSC VRSCDX 3 5.56%
Touring Family FLHR 3 5.56%
Touring Family FLHX 0 0%
Touring Family FLTR 0 0%
Touring Family FLHT or FLHTC or FLHCU. 6 11.11%
Own another Harley-Davidson model. 3 5.56%
Don't own a Harley-Davidson Motorcycle. 18 33.33%
Don't own a motorcycle. 8 14.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:26 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

I'm going shopping this Saturday. Don't know which HD I'm going to get but it will be fun figgerin it out. I like My Honda that I have now and I've been on Hondas for a long time but after sampling a couple HD's I'm sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
One of the things that Harley still has problems with is the struggle between ownership, management, engineering and production. Many of their parts are made elsewhere and when a design change is made by one of their engineers, the tooling department at another facility is left out of the loop and new Harleys end up on the showroom floor with parts that don't fit, foot pegs that won't fold up because some new part is blocking them, exhaust with no clearance, usually just stupid little over sights. Another thing that kills me is they've been fooling with China, bringing in steel parts, putting on a USA made rubber grommet and assembling it here and calling it American made.
USA made steel is as good as it is because parts are checked for hardness, hairline fractures and fit, Its why we produce more scrap and our prices are higher because of standards. China keeps it prices low by passing its scrap onto the consumer. This has only been going on this past year so I hope they get it straightened out.
I'd like to take their Buell 1125 CR out for a spin, should be torque like some of the older Honda and Suzuki twins but a better chassis and lighter weight. Plus this things putting out 146 horse. From what I've heard its supposed to rev to around 10 - 1100 RPM's which is pretty good for a twin. Should wheel stand in about every gear

Old 10-22-2008, 01:54 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
my hope (or fantasy) is someday to own a new Road King with w/w tires

Old 10-22-2008, 05:14 PM

836 posts, read 3,382,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VC dreamer View Post
Those bikes are georgeous!!!! We had the chance to stop there last month, and I spend about an hour just drooling over those bikes. I don't think I could pick just one.....
I know the one we seen was a yellowish gray color with glowing red skulls in it. was just awesome. You guys must have been down for BikeWeek last month.. we was down there that week.
LOL..We wasn't just looking at one.. we would have had to order mine. But I think for right now we'll drive our Harley's and maybe after we get the house sold and moved we can afford to buy a couple of those.. I think the one we seen was around $55,000..lol two of them would be well over 100,000 that's alott for two motorcycles. But I also like the BIGDOGS so it would be a tough decision for me. Guess it would all depend on which one could make the bike I/We like.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,231,415 times
Were you there on that saturday, and see some crazy broad sitting on all the bikes? LOL....that was me! I really liked the black one, with the ghost flames...they kicked me off that one twice.
The bikes are kinda pricy, but sure are nice to look at....
We're planning on moving to Loveland in about a year or so, so I'll be hanging out down there, drooling as often as I can!
I'm not too crazy about the big dogs....one of my hubbys' friends when down doing 55, and totalled the bike. It just crumpled. It was pretty scary to see.
When my hubby went down doing 80 on his bagger, the crash bars took most of the impact and not too much damage to the bike itself. I'm not saying the bikes are bad, or of less quality. It's just one of those things that kinda turn ya off of them....

Old 10-23-2008, 07:33 AM

lol.. think we was there that Friday.. Yup seen the black one it was pretty. were more for the flashy bright colors though..hubby likes the springerfront on them. bright colors are better to be seen with.. even though some still pretend they don't see ya.
Both accidents sounds bad.. We know a few people that has BIGDOGS and well they haven't laid their bikes down yet so duno how they would hold up..lol but if I seen one crumble I'd probably turn away from it too.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:13 PM

I think they call that one the spitfire, or something like that, not sure though. It's nice to dream.....lol.
There's actually quite a few h-d dealerships that have those bikes, they guy there was telling me, but none out here that's for sure.
Here it's nice to ride, real scenic with the mountains and all, but the riding season is so short. It gets too cold, and I don't have one of those heated suits.
You get to ride year round where you're at?

Old 10-26-2008, 06:49 PM

lol we don't ride year round..but some people out here does. When the weather is below 60 degrees I don't care to ride. Were in the middle of NC,..were 3 hours from the beach and mountains. Right now were in Omaha, Nebraska.. and man it is freaking COLD here.. burrrr.... (visiting family).

Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 AM

Wow, lucky you! I was in in Omaha last month, on vacation. I LOVE NE!!!! My dads' family were all from there.
I know what you mean about the cold. At 70mph, 65 degrees can be pretty cold. Our riding season is just about over here. It is already for me! LOL

Old 01-21-2009, 07:55 PM

55 posts, read 118,743 times
I wouldn't buy one at all... Harley Davidson just added themselves to the list of corporations looking for a handout from the government....
It sounds like what happened is that they were underwriting the contracts that were funding their faithful riders. Not a smart move. Hopefully they can pull themselves out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles