Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

I absolutely love the view from a motorcycle. It is far better than even a convertible. I love to see what I am riding through even if it is Nebraska. BTW Nebraska is a very beautiful state if you actually take the time to see it. New Mexico is almost a visual overload.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 07:52 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
I bought mine for the fun of the ride and to be exposed to the scenery, also. Living in southern Utah, the views are spectular (Zion NP, Bryce NP etc).

Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 AM

448 posts, read 1,471,062 times
I love my motorcylce. My husband has a 1500 goldwing and I have a 600 shadow. You can't beat the freedom when your on a bike. I took the safety course 3 years ago. Great class. Gave me the basics.
We have ridden the Blue Ridge Parkway on the goldwing. Did it two years in a row. Its so beautiful. You see so much.

right now our bikes are put away for the winter. every once in awhile we go to the garage and look under the bags to view our bikes and ponder when we can ride again.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:48 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Why Did You Buy A Motorcycle..?

My Dad,bless his heart,bought me a Honda trail 50 at the age of 5 and I have had a motorcycle(s) nearly every single day since then (and no,not the same one)and that has been right at 40 yrs now.There have been periods where motorcycles totally dominated my world and decisions I made in life were soley based on bike riding(That time is here again as we are now in the process of opening a Motorcycle/Maxi Scooter dealership very early this spring) and there have been times where they were just transportation and not as important (not very often tho'),but they have just always been there for me....vacations,friends,conversations with strangers and many other things I do everyday are centered around them, so for me to say WHY I buy bikes is kinda hard...I just do because I always have and they are just part of the quirky package known as me.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:35 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,174,224 times
peer pressure from my parents, lol! all of my immediate family rides. my brother started it about 6 years back, then my folks decided they wanted in on the fun and offered to pay my way on the MSC if i was interested. how can a guy say no?

Mike

Old 01-25-2009, 10:30 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I've been riding since 1967. Before that, I was a bicycle rider (and still am to a limited extent). I just love two wheels. There is no better way to see the country. I've ridden to New Mexico from Denton or Fort Worth about ten times, and absolutely love it, bugs, rain and all.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 AM

717 posts, read 1,955,042 times
Hi Catman and Greg! Have to agree about the matchless view of the world when seen from a bike. There is no finer way to travel when time and circumstance permit. It can be an epiphany!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles