Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,286,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage of Sagle View Post
I even loved the Futura...crazy looks and all...
I have one of those too.

After I moved to TX, the Capo was lonely, so I got him a sexy flame red friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 04:01 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times
Interesting thread.

We have people dissing Harley reliability but riding a bike is an irrational pursuit and one is hardly going to base what they ride on rational issues; it's a decision based on emotions and one fella's emotions are as good as another's.

I remember when Japanese motorcycles looked like....Japanese motorcycles. Now most look like old American motorcycles. That tells us something about both the makers and buyers of such bikes.

One fella was very funny; he boasted about how fast his bike was and how many HDs he smoked. But HD riders aren't even playing the same game as that guy and most he smoked were probably unaware that they were even being "smoked".

As for the talk about phony tough guys on HDs; don't forget that there are still real tough guys riding them; I know plenty of boilermakers, ironworkers, carpenters and such who ride them and I guarantee if you touch that stove you'll feel heat.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,077,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Interesting thread.

We have people dissing Harley reliability but riding a bike is an irrational pursuit and one is hardly going to base what they ride on rational issues; it's a decision based on emotions and one fella's emotions are as good as another's.

I remember when Japanese motorcycles looked like....Japanese motorcycles. Now most look like old American motorcycles. That tells us something about both the makers and buyers of such bikes.

One fella was very funny; he boasted about how fast his bike was and how many HDs he smoked. But HD riders aren't even playing the same game as that guy and most he smoked were probably unaware that they were even being "smoked".

As for the talk about phony tough guys on HDs; don't forget that there are still real tough guys riding them; I know plenty of boilermakers, ironworkers, carpenters and such who ride them and I guarantee if you touch that stove you'll feel heat.
Tom,most of these guys are also kind of newbies too....I remember back in the early 80's being on a 5500 man new power plant construction project and there only being about 5 or 6 bikes in the parking lot other than mine....flash forward and now a 50 man job will have 25 bikes in the lot...those dudes follow fads too.....I remember all of the Vettes,gold chains and curly perms those cats were into throughout the 80's before they got into this playground.They are like a lot of other guys,they follow whatever fad they think will get them laid,bless their little hearts.

And tough guys don't just ride Harleys by no stretch of the imagination.....come try to knock one of my Union Pipefitter,Millwright or Electrician uncles (or me for that matter) off one of our scooters and see if that stove is hot enough.

Harley titles don't give ya "muskles"

Old 02-15-2009, 06:04 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
And tough guys don't just ride Harleys by no stretch of the imagination.....come try to knock one of my Union Pipefitter,Millwright or Electrician uncles (or me for that matter) off one of our scooters and see if that stove is hot enough.

Oh, I know that Skinner, I'm rough as a cob myself and I rode a Guzzi.

Besides, nobody in their right mind messes with people from southern Illinois, even us Chicago guys know better than that.

There were these three boilermakers out'a Local 363..........ah, never mind.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Oh, I know that Skinner, I'm rough as a cob myself and I rode a Guzzi.

Besides, nobody in their right mind messes with people from southern Illinois, even us Chicago guys know better than that.

There were these three boilermakers out'a Local 363..........ah, never mind.
Hell,I like Guzzi's myself...they have character and it takes a pretty rough dude to bull some of those things around.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:56 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,286,399 times
The Simpsons did an episode about that steel mill if I remember correctly.....

Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
The Simpsons did an episode about that steel mill if I remember correctly.....
L M A O.....Apu WAS there.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:14 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
I'm not a biker. The H.D. brand has become so common place, it will fall out of favor. Too many wanna-be's running around dressed up in H.D. gear. Nothing bad ass about looking like everyone else.

Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,762 times
Irish tom your head is up your backside bro! These morons on rattletrap HD's STARTED the skee-doo's after they saw I rode Japanese...boy did I surprise them all HD riders still tend to think they have capable and intimidating rides. Most are pretenders as you probably are and they have bikes intended for old men, yuppies and fly-blown long hairs Japanese and Euro bikes are far superior to crappy HD's for the most part. I do like some S&S applications, as I've noted above, but NONE are Harley! Bourgets and Big Dogs are great bikes and I'd be proud to ride either of these steeds. HD is for posers and pretenders, yuplets and grandads...period!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM

717 posts, read 1,954,762 times
What make of HD do you ride Tiny Tommy? The:lwjerseopjsrfijnrj9ijinwrgopjmepojmndvjrj;lg-super duper, low rider, elctroluxe, springer, softail, road emperor? Got HD jacket and t-shirt too I bet...oh and the doo-rag to go with the jutting lower lip What cartoons you chumps are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles