Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:10 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cksean View Post
please understand that not everyone does it to annoy you...
an older carbureted bikes have problems stalling in cold...
I agree and do understand. I was specifically addressing the rev to be cool factor.

It's just amazing how many motorcycle riders are out there and the vast majority are fine. Just like with anything, always a few arse-hats mucking things up for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 02:23 PM

83 posts, read 228,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I agree and do understand. I was specifically addressing the rev to be cool factor.

It's just amazing how many motorcycle riders are out there and the vast majority are fine. Just like with anything, always a few arse-hats mucking things up for everyone.
yea...that's why people stereo type about MC riders...
I guess we can't blame them...

Old 11-27-2009, 02:00 PM

138 posts, read 285,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I still find this wierd because well...revving your engine is sorta "racing related" and Harleys in particular are known for already being the loudest and frankly a bit slow. I know speed is not the point of Harley's but from my point of view, having a Harley revving it's engine at a light is like seeing someone off-roading in a mini-van.

If someone on a hog does that to me, I'm going to rev back and rattle their dentures.
Guess you have never been to the Harley drags !!!

Old 11-27-2009, 03:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Harley drag bikes are indeed fast. Look at how much displacement they have! But they bear as much resemblance to a street Harley as a funny car does to a Malibu.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfish View Post
Guess you have never been to the Harley drags !!!
Those things, like most dragsters are a joke. They are meant to do 1/4 mile fast. serously WTF? Bring one of those out on the interstate some day and come play with my stock Z06.

It's like having someone that can swim to the middle of the pool really fast, and then drown.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:34 AM

138 posts, read 285,293 times
Well im just saying that the statment they are " a bit slow" is not true !! what is fast ?? My Harley will do 140 MPH is that fast or is that slow ?? yea there are faster and there are slower bikes ! I could say that each time i see a street type racing ninja style whatever they are, going down the interstate they are on one wheel !! acting stupid !!! but im sure not all do it but its what i see . If you want to ride, RIDE if you want to race get on a track !

Last edited by Bowfish; 11-28-2009 at 11:48 AM..

Old 11-28-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowfish View Post
Well im just saying that the statment they are " a bit slow" is not true !! what is fast ?? My Harley will do 140 MPH is that fast or is that slow ?? yea there are faster and there are slower bikes ! I could say that each time i see a street type racing ninja style whatever they are, going down the interstate they are on one wheel !! acting stupid !!! but im sure not all do it but its what i see . If you want to ride, RIDE if you want to race get on a track !
I adressed this in a previous post. Harleys ARE slow, that's not the point. They are gorgeous cruising bikes for the most part. I mean, complaining about the speed of a harley is like complaining about the cargo capacity of a Porsche 911.

I'm merely pointing out that revving your engine "to be cool" on a Harley, if its not for mechanical reasons, is a serious case of mo-ron. It's all "look at me" lol. It's exacerbated by the fact that they are already intentionally loud so revving is particularily obnoxious. Really,

FWIW, the crotch rocket guys die, it's a sad lesson that the road is not a race track. >1000 guys die on supersports each year...but the average age of a dead biker in 2005...was increasing. 39 years old. Ride safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles