Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:56 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,903 times

Advertisements

Saw 1408 yesterday...seemed pretty good, but I can't really tell you how good b/c I couldn't concentrate on the movie. 2 people wheeled babies in strollers into the theater...and as babies often do, they cried. not sure what was louder, though, the crying, or the moronic mothers constantly telling them to "SHHHHHHHHH".

Then, a lady on my row answered her cell phone. That's always nice.

Two girls sitting directly behind me carried on a conversation the entire time. They were doing "play by play" of the happenings on the screen. When a guy climbs onto a ledge to get out of the room, I don't need someone behind me telling me that "he's getting out of there". Thanks, but I have 2 eyes.

Young teenagers may be the worst of all though. They travel in groups and the young boys always try to impress the girls by making noises and talking.

Yep, I"m done. Not going back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 09:19 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
You could have complained to mngmnt....gotten your money back ora pass for another show (I've done that)

Old 07-01-2007, 09:25 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
You could have complained to mngmnt....gotten your money back ora pass for another show (I've done that)
Yep done that too.

I find Sat afternoon mats the best to actually get to watch the movie. Either that or weekday mats, if the cinema has them, they're seasonal here.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:44 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,903 times
I was at a saturday matinee....and i still had a problem. I guess I could have complained, but I would have had to go back to the same theater and put myself through that torture again...b/c they would have only given a raincheck, not a refund.

it just seems that people only think of themselves...with no respect for anyone else. I'm 29 years old....have people always been this way? Just seems more prevalent to me lately.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:47 PM

165 posts, read 555,324 times
If it's not the babies crying, People talking, or cell phones ringing. It's the fact that besides the movie costing you about 10 dollers, Youspend another 10 on a small coke and a Candybar. So even before the movie starts you spent 20 bucks. I remember when the only commercials were the previews for other movies, and there were only about 3 previews before the movie started, now theres five or six. And thats after the commercials they put on before hand. The last movie I saw was Rocky Balboa, and I timed the commercials and the previews, once the lights dimmed...........27 minutes , a little less then a half hr, before the movie actually started. To spend 20 bucks and wait a half hr before the movie even started...... It's not worth the money anymore !!!! I'll wait till I can rent the movie.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:07 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,350,260 times
By the time I get around to seeing a movie, it is already out of the first run theaters a month after it originally releases, I just buy the DVD. Esp. kids movies, because the kids will watch them again and again.
At 19.99 it is cheaper to watch it at home - and my kids don't beg for the mega pop and expensive popcorn.
I have a feeling I am not the only one who does this.
The only ones I popped $$ for in the theatres were the "pirates" movies. And I went on Tuesday or Wednesday night.
I can't stand those commercials, esp. since they aren't geared towards the audiences the movie is for. Like they have sexy perfume commercials in G rated kids movies. What is up with that?

Old 07-02-2007, 08:31 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I was at a saturday matinee....and i still had a problem. I guess I could have complained, but I would have had to go back to the same theater and put myself through that torture again...b/c they would have only given a raincheck, not a refund.

it just seems that people only think of themselves...with no respect for anyone else. I'm 29 years old....have people always been this way? Just seems more prevalent to me lately.
No, people weren't always this way. I remember going to the movies and you couldn't hear a pin drop. I think once you start watching movies in the privacy of your home, the out of control people in the theaters become even more annoying.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:55 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
I make it a point to go the movies,week days,or dinner hour.NEVER on week ends.I really enjoy it 100 x more..We have been several times when we are the only ones in there.Thats true movie enjoyment,,They make announcements at the begining to turn off cell phones,but,I know alot of folks are just rude or ignorant of others,but if you complain,send a letter or email to theater owners(if everyone did this ,really) something could be done to "patrol" problams more.Movie theaters need your dollars.They want you to keep going...AND STOP BRINGING BABIES!! How many times I have seen small kids in "R " movies,,,,some of this borders on child abuse(There were tots in Pans Labrynth,,ignorant!!!)

Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 AM

3,290 posts, read 9,187,103 times
I can't even remember the last movie I went to see in a theater. We just wait for it to get to cable or buy it on DVD. Or home is a lot more comfortable than a theater plus for the cost of two tickets, we can buy the DVD and have it to watch over and over. Liz

Old 07-02-2007, 10:00 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience....perfect example of how others can surely effect your life...and blantely do not have a clue, nor do they care...it's all about self gratification, and if these gals have spouses, can you imagine what they put up with, beings those mothers are so thoughtless?

I believe in these instances the establishment should take charge and ask the mothers to leave, returnig their money, the same with cell phones. I swear, people today, are thoughtless and clueless as to the space of others nor do they care...and by letting them go, enables them to continue this behavior, but if an attendant walked down the isle and asked them if they would come out to the desk, and then the establishment would return their money and ask them to leave, it would surely send a very positive message that this is not acceptable behavior.

Hugs
Creme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies