Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:54 AM

161 posts, read 370,700 times

Advertisements

I've heard and read many rumors on who Batman will battle in the next installment of the franchise. Many actors and actresses have been mentioned. Names that keep popping up are Johnny Depp as The Riddler, Phillip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin and Anjelina Jolie as the Catwoman. I believe Maggie Gyllenhaal will be the Catwoman, minus a life. I've also heard/read the names of Daniel Day Lewis and Robin Williams for The Riddler. I would like to see John Malkovich as a nasty Riddler....
So, I would like to know what villians would you like to see and who would you like to see portray them???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 06:33 AM

638 posts, read 1,918,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz litebeer View Post
I've heard and read many rumors on who Batman will battle in the next installment of the franchise. Many actors and actresses have been mentioned. Names that keep popping up are Johnny Depp as The Riddler, Phillip Seymour Hoffman as The Penguin and Anjelina Jolie as the Catwoman. I believe Maggie Gyllenhaal will be the Catwoman, minus a life. I've also heard/read the names of Daniel Day Lewis and Robin Williams for The Riddler. I would like to see John Malkovich as a nasty Riddler....
So, I would like to know what villians would you like to see and who would you like to see portray them???

I read that article too. I'm HOPING Rachel Weisz gets the role of Catwoman.. but that's just me.

I agree on Malkovich. he makes a good (funny) Riddler. He has that look and speech about him.

I think Robin Williams would be good as the Penguin

Old 12-13-2008, 01:13 PM

400 posts, read 795,062 times
If Robin Williams is going to be in this Batman series I hope to God he's not gonna be the over-the-top Robin Williams. That might have worked in the 90s series, but I hope they keep with the quasi-realism they seem to be trying to establish. I think Malkovich as the Riddler sounds great.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:45 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,131,008 times
any rumors if robin will appear in the next one...I think johnny depp would make a good riddler...

Old 12-15-2008, 02:27 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,941,413 times
Living here in LALA land you get all the juicy gossip from the inside.
Now remember, it's speculation from what I've heard. But the FACT is, Chris Nolan is back at the helm! If Nolan is back, than Bale is BACK! And so is Eckhart!!!! That ends that rumor. WB is working out the details with him as we speak.

Now the VILLIANS!

Catwomen: If they want a black woman, three names have been circulating. Thandie Newton, Vivica A. Fox, and Jada Pinkett-Smith. Word is Thandie is in the forefront. If they want a white catwoman, three names have popped up in the circle. Megan Fox, Eva Mendes, and Marion Cotillard. Marion's credentials are enticing to the execs! Sorry AJ Fans!

The Riddler: Everyone is calling for Johnny Depp as the Riddler. And that's an obvious choice to many, but the word on the street is that Casey Affleck was approached by WB for future interests in the Batman Franchise. It won't be John Malkovich. I'll explain later.

Black Mask: Not a lot of people know who this villian is and what he's about. But he may be the villian in the next movie torwards the end. Like the build up of Two-Face in the last one. Liev Schrieber is rumored for this role.

The Penguin: Here's the funny thing. Danny Devito set the stage for the Penguin. In the original comic series, he's seen as a mobster doing "High Crimes". Not the underworld villian like it was portrayed in the '92 film. Two names have surfaced for this role. Bare with me.... Al Pacino if they want dapper and sinister(he's 5'3). OR Peter Dinklage for height (he's 4'2) and seedy-street looks.

Dr. Hugo Strange: Now this is where I mention John Malkovich! Word has it that WB is interested in John for this role and this role only. He'll play Bruce's pschologist. Word is abound that he is slated.

Talia Al Ghul: Who's that? Ra's Al Ghul daughter. Revenge is a B*T*H! Rinko Kikuchi (Babel) is rumored.

So to some it up. These are the Villians to make the next Batman movie. From what I have heard from those "Circles", they may put all these villians in one movie. But it would only make sense to do 3 or 4 to lessen the sensory overload!

Discuss!!!!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Living here in LALA land you get all the juicy gossip from the inside.
Now remember, it's speculation from what I've heard. But the FACT is, Chris Nolan is back at the helm! If Nolan is back, than Bale is BACK! And so is Eckhart!!!! That ends that rumor. WB is working out the details with him as we speak.

Nolan told Eckhardt that Two-Face is 100% dead and he will not be appearing in any of the future movies.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:44 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,941,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Nolan told Eckhardt that Two-Face is 100% dead and he will not be appearing in any of the future movies.
I heard otherwise.....

Old 12-15-2008, 02:45 PM

Robin Williams wouldnt work for the Riddler in this series. For the older one, that would fly. These are much darker and serious and Robin Williams just doesnt fit into what Nolan has been doing.

Johnny Depp would be perfect for that role.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
any rumors if robin will appear in the next one...I think johnny depp would make a good riddler...

Nolan said that Batman will not have any sidekicks as long as he is a part of the movies. Thank god, that storyline is cheezy and just dumb.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
I heard otherwise.....

That was from an interview done with Eckhardt not too long ago. Eckhardt had asked Nolan if there was any chance he would be in any of the future installments and Noland told him, "not a chance, Two-Face is dead."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies