Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:45 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times

Advertisements

While they had some jerky camera shots in P2, I thought it was tolerable as another poster said because they had fixed surveillance cameras in most of the rooms .

I liked the movie because it got to your core of fear , someone or something is in your house and you have to go check it out .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 07:52 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,378,718 times
One of my co-workers saw it last weekend with her daughter and hasn't stopped talking about it since. They both had seen the first movie and didn't think it was very scary, but were literally left stunned and speechless immediately after the second movie. Even her dog scares her now whenever it stares intently at an "empty" part of the room or an "empty" doorway.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
One of my co-workers saw it last weekend with her daughter and hasn't stopped talking about it since. They both had seen the first movie and didn't think it was very scary, but were literally left stunned and speechless immediately after the second movie. Even her dog scares her now whenever it stares intently at an "empty" part of the room or an "empty" doorway.
Thats EXACTLY what I am talking about ! lol ! : I remember the theatre guy walking in like 3 times to check whatever they check and it startled me a little bit ( he came in at the MOST scariest times and a few times he stood there to watch what was about to happen ) I found myself that night looking around a little bit , lol !

Scare factor = Well done !

Old 10-28-2010, 09:35 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
I saw both movie and I thought 2 was definitely better than 1.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:29 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
To a point, there are lots of shots that are from the security camera, so those are still, but there is plenty of herky-jerky camera work. I would say if the first one bothered you, this one will as well.
Thanks, I wish that jerky motion didn't bother me so.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:44 PM

1,015 posts, read 2,162,274 times
Saw it last weekend. It was so so, better than 1. As far as being scary... I'm jaded. It takes a lot to scare me these days.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Thanks, I wish that jerky motion didn't bother me so.
I remember one movie where the camera jerked so bad I felt like leaving. ( I think something similar to Blair Witch Project )

And then I compare P2.. and I would say the cameras were really tolerable and not jerking to the point of nausea...( I have vertigo really bad so you should be fine ) .

Keep in mind the fixed surviellance cameras don't move at all. Its the video camera that they are shooting of themselves in the beginning that were jerky, to me at least.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Well, I broke down and went to see this today w/ my family. There was still way too many jerky moments of home video for me, but I did'nt mind the surviellance cameras, tho found them to be boring for the most part. Not to give a spoiler, but why have the cameras if you're not going to watch them, especially the one on the baby's room? I guess I was expecting more. This wasn't scary to me.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:20 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Well, I broke down and went to see this today w/ my family. There was still way too many jerky moments of home video for me, but I did'nt mind the surviellance cameras, tho found them to be boring for the most part. Not to give a spoiler, but why have the cameras if you're not going to watch them, especially the one on the baby's room? I guess I was expecting more. This wasn't scary to me.
Spoiler
The cameras were installed primarily due to the fact that they thought their house was broken into. The family only really uses the security cameras as an afterthought with regards to the "activity" in the house. For example, they check them to see why the pool cleaner keeps ending up outside the pool.

I agree that the movie was not super scary, though I definately found it entertaining. Far better execution for this type of film making than The Blair Witch Project.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:57 AM

I guess when you see a paranormal flick you go with the expectation that you will see cabinet doors slamming shut , people getting thrown about the room ...

The reason I liked this movie ( was not sure if it was based on true events while I was watching it which helped the scare level ) the cameras seemed like they were projected on a plain ordinary house . The fear was : that could be my livingroom or anyone elses.

Most homes of paranormal activity are creepy old houses, one hundred years old or more , where someone died in it...

My immagination always helps a movie like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies