Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:18 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times

Advertisements

Here's the thing guys: for those of you who were disappointed with the movie b'c it wasn't what you remembered as a kid, what exactly did you remember the show being? My husband made a good point (we both LOVED the movie) - the tv show was just a long, drawn out 30 min commercial every Saturday morning, that's it! In fact, Transformers was one of the first toy product lines that was made into a tv show. There were regulations before that where toy companies were banned from making shows - at least that's what DH told me so if there are inaccuracies to that statement, my bad. Plot aside, you gotta admit the movie kicked bootie. It was sweet. I had no expectation going into the movie b'c a.) I'm a girl and b.) Liked Transformers as a kid but wasn't really into it so if you go into it not expecting much, you'll get a whole lot in return!

The effects were awesome I have to admit! The only thing is, the last action scene was hard to follow. When we went to go watch it a second time though, it was much easier to follow. One of DH's co-workers said he finally went to see the movie and there were still a ton of people there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2007, 08:27 AM
9/9

383 posts, read 566,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Yes, I am reallllly sure that there is gonna be a sequel. Especially the end where Optimus declared Earth as being a place for other Autobots to protect. Besides, we didn't see my favorite autobots...the dinobots! Rawr! Wow, I am such a geek. lol
They have already started work on the sequel. I don't know about the dinobots, but Soundwave is scheduled to appear in the sequel.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:07 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,064,608 times
I enjoyed the movie. 8/10. The special effects were amazing, the acting was tolerable, the directing was pretty good, and the script was what it was.

I really enjoyed the first hour, the second hour dragged a bit. There's a point where I get a little numb to the endless fighting and special effects. I really enjoyed the desert combat between the human forces and the scorpion Decepticon.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 PM

559 posts, read 1,395,021 times
I loved the movie. I grew up watching the cartoon, but I only have vague memories of it. I can't wait until this comes out on DVD so I can see the deleted scenes.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Holy-moly I thought the movie rocked! I would give it 10 out of 10. I went into it with the expectation of "It's an action movie by Michael Bay about robots invading earth." I was sold! The only thing was I thought the end was a little choppy and could they have picked any hotter girls with tons of makeup, long legs, and boobs hanging out? Take your pick, blond or brunette, b'c there was one of each! A TON of action and the storyline flowed. How much more of a plot could you ask for with a movie about robots seeking a cube on earth? Can't get any more complicated than that!
10 ou tof 10? WOW! What did you give a movie like Saving Private Ryan? 15 out of 10?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,253,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
10 ou tof 10? WOW! What did you give a movie like Saving Private Ryan? 15 out of 10?
Heyyyyyy now, there's different genres of movies so yes, Transformers was a 10 and Saving Private Ryan was a 10 as well. One is brainless action and the other is an intense war drama. So there!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:29 AM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
....Of course the plot was a bit cheesy and for kids. I can't see anyone going to watch Transformers for the plot. Great special effects and and just plain entertaining.

I thought the plot was great!!! I tried to get my boys to go with, but they said they didn't want me to embarass them - I tend to get a little excited and sing along with the theme songs.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies