Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2010, 10:44 AM

449 posts, read 516,749 times

Advertisements

I finally got around to watching Precious last night. Going into it, I knew it had won a lot of awards and received many accolades, so I was glad I was in for a good movie.
However, I didin't like it.

****Possible Spoiler****

Because I didn't really like it, I feel almost as bad as Precious' abusive mother. Sure, it made me sick to my stomach during the rape and abuse scenes. Precious was certainly effed up, But I really just loathe when children are used as decoys to lure an audience into a trap. I think we were meant to see Precious triumph from her tragedies, but I really didn't get that. I really saw no connection between her and her teacher, and she just learned to read way too fast. Overall, a rating of LAME

Am i the only one out there who feels this way? Can someone shed some light?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies