Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times

Advertisements

Stephen Seagal
The Rock
Sylvester Stallone - Bearable in Rocky- Barely.
Arnold Schwartzenegger
Jean-Claude Van Damme

None of the above count as actors IMO but I know some people do think they are.

Also

Orlando Bloom - Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, everything I have seen him in , in fact
Keira Knightley - Pirates of the Caribbean but I hated her in "Pride and Prejudice" too. I am told she was good in Atonement and on the stage, I remain to be convinced
Gwynneth Paltrow - Shakespeare in Love - Would have been a superb film without that dreadful woman in it
Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter - need I say more ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM

553 posts, read 1,544,996 times
I think I'm the only person on earth who doesn't think Adam Sandler is funny. I really liked him in Spanglish, Reign Over Me and the Wedding Singer.
Everything else he's done is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! And that's a lot of movies. I think he's unbelievably over rated, over paid and overly worshipped in Hollywood and I can't figure out why. What exactly is his core audience, 10 year olds?!

I recently rented Grown Ups just because of all of the other actors that I like were in it. But no, even that couldn't save it. I guess it's a good thing that he has his own production company so he can keep spitting out crap movies year after year. He doesn't even have to star in them and his company still makes millions of dollars.

Sorry for the rant. But I have a son who likes this garbage and I'm basically forced to spend money on Sandler movies. I always feel like demanding a refund for being robbed of 2 hours.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
i used to be madly in crush with nick cage. when i was a teenager i sent him a package with all kinds of nonsense in it. this was round the time of "wild at heart" and i just thought he was this quirky, groovy weirdo.
a few years later i saw an interview with him somewhere, and he said, "nah, i am a pretty normal guy. i just did that quirky thing for business". i was APPALLED. i have actively disliked him ever since. the nick cage of "valley girl" and "moonstruck" and "wild at heart" is almost another person to me. he stinks of everything i hate about hollywood.

now, benicio del toro. johnny depp. mark ruffalo. i want a man sandwich.
No offence, but he IS an actor, and that's what actors do. They ACT.

For the most part they are just "normal people", playing a role, I don't quite see why this would appall you.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:40 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce2011 View Post
I think I'm the only person on earth who doesn't think Adam Sandler is funny. I really liked him in Spanglish, Reign Over Me and the Wedding Singer.
Everything else he's done is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! And that's a lot of movies. I think he's unbelievably over rated, over paid and overly worshipped in Hollywood and I can't figure out why. What exactly is his core audience, 10 year olds?!
1. if you think youre the only one who thinks Sandler isnt funny, you must be out of your mind.

2. i havnt seen Spanglish or Reign Over Me, but the Wedding Singer was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! worse than your average Adam Sandler movie, actually. again, i find it disturbing the number of people who find this to be a good movie.

The Mask - with Jim Carey - that's another unbelievably bad film that is generally accepted as "good" while The Cable Guy, which isnt terrible, is generally regarded as awful. this country has a taste for shyte, that's for sure.

3. Sandlers audience? yeah, 10 year olds. and 11-40 year olds with the sensibilities of 10 year olds. there's a lot of 'em.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Nicholas Cage-Everything he was ever in

Old 01-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Nicholas Cage-Everything he was ever in
Lord of War was not terrible. in fact, i liked it. it was entertaining and thought provoking enough to compensate for the customary Nick Cage delivery.

i actually thought that the movie 8MM wasnt terrible either. in fact, i liked it.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM

Director Rolan Emmerich - 2012

kind of cheating here because i havnt actually seen the movie, but based on the trailer and my assumptions that are evidently spot on, judging by the descriptions depicted on these forums.

Independence Day; The Day After Tomorrow; both terrible, and i'm sure that 2012 just tops them both in being "made for the lemmings" movie making. my assumption is that this is not so much a movie, but more a series of ludacris CGI action sequences.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
George Clooney is an OK actor, but he picks a lot of bad scripts. Men Who Stare at Goats. stupid movie.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
"And the Award for "Worst Actor" goes to.................." (drumroll please.....)

Anything Keanu Reeves has ever done.
Glad you mentioned him, I wouldn't of thought of him till I saw your post but yes I don't think he's that great.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:16 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I liked Cage in ConAir - my nomination for worst of Cage would have to be The Wickerman (so far anyway).

ConAir was just an escapist action flick imo, guess that's why a lot of people do like that one.
I liked Con-Air too as well as all the other actors in that especially Malcovich

The one Cage was in I didn't care for was the one with Meryl Streep something about those (flowers) can't think of there name right now, Cage played twins in that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies