Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:14 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Have to qualify this by saying that I think that Mark Wahlberg is a fine actor, so maybe this doesn't really qualify, however...
"The Happening"

The movies they run on SyFy every Saturday are 100 times better than that turkey.
You mean the CGI monster of the week movie on SciFi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
DeNiro in Meet the Fockers or Little Fockers...

Holy cow, you spend a lifetime in performances in classic films ranging from Mean Streets, Taxi Driver, Godfather Part Two, the Deer Hunter, Raging Bull, Once Upon a Time in America, Goodfellas, and Heat and this is the end result to that great career?
Julie Andrews did the same thing when she decided to show her boobs to finally get rid of her "Disney" image.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:49 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Julie Andrews did the same thing when she decided to show her boobs to finally get rid of her "Disney" image.
WHATTHE??? When did Mary Poppins give a money shot??? OMG. I'm so upset by this. I think I might have nightmares....

Old 01-31-2011, 06:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
WHATTHE??? When did Mary Poppins give a money shot??? OMG. I'm so upset by this. I think I might have nightmares....
S.O.B. (1981 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In S.O.B., Andrews's character agrees (with some pharmaceutical persuasion) to "show her boobies" in a scene in the film-within-the-film. For this scene, comedian Johnny Carson thanked Andrews on his The Tonight Show for "showing us that the hills were still alive,"alluding to a famous line from The Sound of Music opening sequence.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Nicholas Cage-Everything he was ever in
Of which movies you've actually seen how many again?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Of which movies you've actually seen how many again?

When your uncle is Francis Ford-Coppola, doors seem to open up for you in Hollyweird although Nicolas used the name "Cage" to get the parts on his own.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
When your uncle is Francis Ford-Coppola, doors seem to open up for you in Hollyweird although Nicolas used the name "Cage" to get the parts on his own.
asnd unlike quite a few born into industry families he didn't start off as a child actor

Old 02-01-2011, 04:15 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
asnd unlike quite a few born into industry families he didn't start off as a child actor
wait a minute! youre not disputing the fact that Nicolas Cage is terrible?!?

...are you???

Old 02-02-2011, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
wait a minute! youre not disputing the fact that Nicolas Cage is terrible?!?

...are you???
Yup I am. How many of his movies have you seen? I don't dispute the fact that The Wickerman was some of the most dreadful dreck I've ever seen though. Lord knows wtf he was thinking taking that one on.

No actor who's been in the biz for 3 decades hits a high note in every film.

I think he's one of those actors people just "love to hate on" frankly, but he's the one walking his millions to the bank

Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 AM

1,949 posts, read 5,262,710 times
[quote=Opyelie;17686155]

Yup I am. How many of his movies have you seen?

Plenty.
Lord of War
8mm
The Rock
Con Air
Raising Arizona
City of Angels
World Trade Center
Knowing
Bangkok Dangerous
National Treasure
Snake Eyes (couldnt sit through it)
Bad Lieutenant (couldnt sit through it)
Firebirds
Face/Off
Gone In 60 Seconds (couldnt sit through it - slightly more because of Angelina Jolie, then Nick Cage; stupid movie though)
Bringing out the Dead (didnt sit through it)

Quote:
I don't dispute the fact that The Wickerman was some of the most dreadful dreck I've ever seen though. Lord knows wtf he was thinking taking that one on.
when you say something like that, you expose yourself as not thinking "wtf was he thinking taking on a lot of other drek?"

Quote:
No actor who's been in the biz for 3 decades hits a high note in every film.
i dont hate every Nick Cage movie that ive seen. but i am certainly able to recognize that he is a horrible artist when it comes to the ART of acting. he is not particularly even in his movies that i like. and the fact that you would defend him as an actor leads me to believe that 1). you are a woman. and 2). you find Nick Cage to be very attractive. (my wife likes him too. such pretty eyes.)

Quote:
I think he's one of those actors people just "love to hate on" frankly, but he's the one walking his millions to the bank
that's a really stupid argument, and i think you know it. not the part about it being fashionable to hate on Cage, but the part where you attach relevance to how much money he has made. there is a big difference between success and virtue. the worst thing that the public does regarding movies is equate box office success with quality. using your logic, Hanson, Britney Spears, and Lady Gaga are all great artists - they made millions of dollars, after all. and Transformers and Iron Man were good movies - they were #1 at the Box Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies