Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:46 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,021 times

Advertisements

Wow! It's rare to see a thriller this well put together, with excellent direction, a great cast, and a cautionary storyline that doesn't shove its message down your throat.

The movie's theme is the potentially "limitless" powers of your mind, if you could just access those powers with the help of that teeny little pill...

Yes, the drug has serious side effects and stopping it might kill you, but you'll enjoy the brisk pace and camera effects to arrive at the conclusion of the hero's experiment with expanding his consciousness. Great entertainment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 11:40 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
Wow! It's rare to see a thriller this well put together, with excellent direction, a great cast, and a cautionary storyline that doesn't shove its message down your throat.

The movie's theme is the potentially "limitless" powers of your mind, if you could just access those powers with the help of that teeny little pill...

Yes, the drug has serious side effects and stopping it might kill you, but you'll enjoy the brisk pace and camera effects to arrive at the conclusion of the hero's experiment with expanding his consciousness. Great entertainment!

Yeah, I saw it yesterday. I didn't have much expectations because rotten tomatoes gave Lincholn Lawyer better reviews and I thought that movie was just ok. Mathew McCockey being himself. However, I was thoroughly pleased. Entertaining all the way through. I think I will stop going to rotten tomatoes for review info. I find alot of movies they trash aren't nearly as bad as they make them out to be and movies they herald are over-rated. I thought The Social Network was mediocre at best and they made it out to be the best movie of all time. So I co-sign what you said good movie..

Old 04-03-2011, 10:32 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
This is a dumb movie. I wish I could say better things about it, but I can't. Bradley Cooper should not occupy the same hemisphere as Robert De Niro, little less the same big screen.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
I just watched it over the weekend.

I thought it was an okay movie, interesting plot, entertaining etc, however it just missed something .....

Old 04-04-2011, 11:09 AM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times
If you liked Salt with Angelina Jolie, then I think you should like this movie too. The plotlines in both movies are equally ridiculous and they both have scary Russshens. You have to have a very strong willingness to overlook some gaping logical holes in the plot (for example, why did it take him so long to figure out that he needed to reproduce NZT? And if he was so smart, why couldn't he figure out how to do it himself rather than pay someone else to do it?). Most of this movie was about as cheesy as Angelina Jolie in Salt throwing grenades every which way on a boat but somehow managing to escape. It was too ridiculous for my taste, but this is all just my humble opinion. I would advise you not to waste your hard-earned money on a ticket to see this movie.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,021 times
Ha, Bajan, ya got me, 'cuz I loved Salt, too!

I go to movies to escape real life so I'm partial to scary Russians, things blowing up, and gaping plot holes.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post

Thanks for sharing...I watched it last night and the acting by Bradley Cooper and De Niro was superb.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:00 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
If you liked Salt with Angelina Jolie, then I think you should like this movie too. The plotlines in both movies are equally ridiculous and they both have scary Russshens. You have to have a very strong willingness to overlook some gaping logical holes in the plot (for example, why did it take him so long to figure out that he needed to reproduce NZT? And if he was so smart, why couldn't he figure out how to do it himself rather than pay someone else to do it?). Most of this movie was about as cheesy as Angelina Jolie in Salt throwing grenades every which way on a boat but somehow managing to escape. It was too ridiculous for my taste, but this is all just my humble opinion. I would advise you not to waste your hard-earned money on a ticket to see this movie.
haha I was thinking the same thing.

It was okay for me. Wouldn't watch it again etc.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You're right the plot was riddled with holes.
But I watch movies primarily for entertainment and to see how the acting is carried out. For that...I enjoyed it...besides, it was free on download.

If I were to be too critical...I'll never see another movie again.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:14 PM

222 posts, read 419,427 times
I enjoyed it and give it a thumbs up! Entertaining and held my interest all the way through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies