Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2011, 11:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
That movie with Julia Roberts - what's it called again, the one where she's adorable?
Surely you're not speaking of ''Pretty Woman?''
Nor ''Runaway Bride?''
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 12:37 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,389,493 times
Is Hangover Part II as bad as they say? I've heard it's so bad that Mel Gibson is now happy he was kicked out of it.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
Butterfly Effect... UGHHHHHHHHH.. GD Awful.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:15 AM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Is Hangover Part II as bad as they say? I've heard it's so bad that Mel Gibson is now happy he was kicked out of it.
I laughed my ass off at it.

The thing is, the first one is a comedy classic. So, no matter what, it was never going to match up to that one.

They did rip off the first one alot.

However, if you had never seen The Hangover, and watched this, I think you'd find it amusing.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:46 AM

274 posts, read 370,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Surely you're not speaking of ''Pretty Woman?''
Nor ''Runaway Bride?''
Yes, those two and every other movie with her in it!

Old 06-13-2011, 06:10 PM

278 posts, read 636,408 times
Wow, someone actually listed Forrest Gump as one of the worst movies they'd ever seen? I mean, you could definitely make an argument that its overrated but you definitely have not seen many movies if that's on your list. Some of you are definitely being dishonest and exaggerating about the worst movies you've ever seen. Movies like 300? May not be your taste but I'm not sure if many people here have a good understanding of how much work goes into a movie like 300. You have no idea. And I'm not even a fan of 300. But damn, that is one extremely tough movie to make. Currently getting my master's degree in cinema production and it really opens your eyes.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:06 PM

274 posts, read 370,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
Wow, someone actually listed Forrest Gump as one of the worst movies they'd ever seen? I mean, you could definitely make an argument that its overrated but you definitely have not seen many movies if that's on your list. Some of you are definitely being dishonest and exaggerating about the worst movies you've ever seen. Movies like 300? May not be your taste but I'm not sure if many people here have a good understanding of how much work goes into a movie like 300. You have no idea. And I'm not even a fan of 300. But damn, that is one extremely tough movie to make. Currently getting my master's degree in cinema production and it really opens your eyes.

I think that's an interesting point that you bring up. There's a difference between hating a movie, and believing that a movie is bad. Like, I hate Forrest Gump, coincidentally! It's long and hoaky, and just when I think it's almost over and I'm getting ready to grab my jacket to leave, he starts running! And running! And running!!

But I don't think it's a badly made movie. Citizen Kane, as everyone knows, is an excellent movie, but it doesn't appeal to everyone.

There are lots of movies I love to pieces and I could watch over and over, but I could never say they were 'good' I suppose, and they may even be, technically, terrible!

So that's why I love Mother, Jugs, and Speed. The end.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:24 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeDurden View Post
I think a movie can be well-made and produced from a technical standpoint (nearly all fairly well-financed productions with professional crews) but still be horrible in the sense of poor storytelling, bad acting, bad dialogue, ridiculous and stupid plot twists, too loud/fast/flashy, etc...I can say Top Gun is one of the worst movies I ever sat through, even though from a technical stand point it was much better than many of the movies I've liked that had lower budget, less special effects, older technology, cheaper cinematography, etc.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:28 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,160 times
Meet the Spartans it was not funny at all it was just HORRIBLY bad.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Millenium was pretty terrible. It starred Cheryl Ladd, Kris Kristofferson & Daniel J. Travanti. I'm damned if I can tell you what it was about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies