Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:58 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,542,578 times

Advertisements

I am pulling for the Avengers...
This is the most ambitious project of this kind. DC has never gotten off the ground with anything but Batman and Superman movies. No Justice League.....no Flash or Aquaman.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 01:58 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,053 times
I believe Dark Knight will reign supreme. Nolan has turned Batman into a real-life character. Epic movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-Sktgm0aD8

The Dark Knight Rises Official Trailer [HD]
Director: Christopher Nolan
Release: 7/20/2012

The Avengers movie will look great but i suspect that it will be lackluster. Similar to the Captain America movie. It look great on the trailers but it was pretty average and the story was rushed. Same thing with Thor, the story was rushed. Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk (Ed norton version) were pretty good. Also, Disney owns Marvel. The Avengers will have a big opening and then will fall in the box office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-7iI5f_FJ0

Old 10-08-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
I believe Dark Knight will reign supreme. Nolan has turned Batman into a real-life character. Epic movie

The Dark Knight Rises Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube

The Dark Knight Rises Official Trailer [HD]
Director: Christopher Nolan
Release: 7/20/2012

The Avengers movie will look great but i suspect that it will be lackluster. Similar to the Captain America movie. It look great on the trailers but it was pretty average and the story was rushed. Same thing with Thor, the story was rushed. Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk (Ed norton version) were pretty good. Also, Disney owns Marvel. The Avengers will have a big opening and then will fall in the box office.

"The Avengers" [After-Credits Trailer] 2011 - YouTube
You're scaring me.....

You have a good point on Capt America movie?? I did not like the ending nor the fact that we did not see him on ice.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:31 AM

354 posts, read 617,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You're scaring me.....

You have a good point on Capt America movie?? I did not like the ending nor the fact that we did not see him on ice.
You do see Cap on ice. At the beginning of the film. There is also a deleted scene from the Incredible Hulk movie where Bruce Banner is in the far north contemplating suicide. The director put Cap under the ice in that scene. It is not very obvious but the director points it out.

I am looking forward to both films. The Dark Knight will probably be the better of the two, though I am more excited about the Avengers.

The still set photos from the Avengers have been a little disappointing. Cap looks like he got his uniform from Walmart.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanman76 View Post
You do see Cap on ice. At the beginning of the film. There is also a deleted scene from the Incredible Hulk movie where Bruce Banner is in the far north contemplating suicide. The director put Cap under the ice in that scene. It is not very obvious but the director points it out.

I am looking forward to both films. The Dark Knight will probably be the better of the two, though I am more excited about the Avengers.

The still set photos from the Avengers have been a little disappointing. Cap looks like he got his uniform from Walmart.

That was only his shield.....they never showed him frozen or unthawing ...nor did they explain how he could survive that frozen state.

Thor and Cap look like they lost weight.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
I'm more than a little dubious about both movies.

I liked Batman Begins. Liked, not loved. It started good but became progressively goofier as it went on. I LOVED The Dark Knight. Everything I've seen about The Dark Knight Rises so far makes me think the goofy is back. I hope I'm wrong.

My best hope for The Avengers is that it will be fun. If it manages that, I’ll be happy. I’ve enjoyed most of the recent Marvel flicks quite a bit. My biggest concern with this movie is Joss Whedon. His stuff is really good when it focuses on a character or two, but when he gets an ensemble together, he falters. And his dialogue gets on my nerves. The Avengers needs to be a movie with a strong conflict to bring the varied personalities together as a team. But I have this fear Joss is just going to bring everyone together for cutesy banter and pop culture references to show everyone just how witty he is.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm more than a little dubious about both movies.

I liked Batman Begins. Liked, not loved. It started good but became progressively goofier as it went on. I LOVED The Dark Knight. Everything I've seen about The Dark Knight Rises so far makes me think the goofy is back. I hope I'm wrong.

My best hope for The Avengers is that it will be fun. If it manages that, I’ll be happy. I’ve enjoyed most of the recent Marvel flicks quite a bit. My biggest concern with this movie is Joss Whedon. His stuff is really good when it focuses on a character or two, but when he gets an ensemble together, he falters. And his dialogue gets on my nerves. The Avengers needs to be a movie with a strong conflict to bring the varied personalities together as a team. But I have this fear Joss is just going to bring everyone together for cutesy banter and pop culture references to show everyone just how witty he is.
What did you find "goofy" in Begins??

Old 10-09-2011, 11:33 PM

354 posts, read 617,795 times
Apparently an Avengers trailer is going to be released on Tuesday. I doubt that it is a full one though.

I always thought that it would be cool if Nolan directed a movie about the Punisher in the same style he did his two Batman flicks.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:48 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
What did you find "goofy" in Begins??
The Batmobile leaping across buildings like the General Lee.

Jim Gordon driving the Batmobile.

R'as Al'Ghul's Evapo-Ray. This, in particular, reminded me of Magneto's Insta-Mutant Whirligig from the first X-Men film. I just don't understand filmmakers who strive to give their super-hero movie such a grounding in reality then have their villain come up with such ridiculous Master Plans of Evilness. I'm a little afraid that in Nolan's new movie that Bane's ultimate plan will be to commandeer the world satellites and hypnotize the world into watching the World Wrestling Federation 24 hours a day. And only Batman and Catwoman can stop him in time!

And although I wouldn't say "goofy," I thought the League of Assassins were very undeveloped and came across as cut-out comic-book villains.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The Batmobile leaping across buildings like the General Lee.

Jim Gordon driving the Batmobile.

R'as Al'Ghul's Evapo-Ray. This, in particular, reminded me of Magneto's Insta-Mutant Whirligig from the first X-Men film. I just don't understand filmmakers who strive to give their super-hero movie such a grounding in reality then have their villain come up with such ridiculous Master Plans of Evilness. I'm a little afraid that in Nolan's new movie that Bane's ultimate plan will be to commandeer the world satellites and hypnotize the world into watching the World Wrestling Federation 24 hours a day. And only Batman and Catwoman can stop him in time!

And although I wouldn't say "goofy," I thought the League of Assassins were very undeveloped and came across as cut-out comic-book villains.
oh....

Well...those elements do exist in the comic books.....even in the more grittier versions of Batman. He's a "super" hero. So you gotta leave room for the amazing. Be ready to allow for the "fantastic" to happen. It's not Law & Order.

Heck.....how can a man do anything in a black rubber suit??? You coulda put that on your list.

Lighten and enjoy the ride. At least it wasn't Schumacher!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies