Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2011, 09:37 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
That is one of my favorite horror films and yes, an absolutely terrifying scene. Even when you know what is coming it still makes you jump out of your skin.
OMG! Haha, wow, I was sitting here, watching and waiting and then I see that creepy looking thing walking out... I jumped!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 11:14 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times

YouTube - ‪Jeepers Creepers Trailer‬‏

Old 07-10-2011, 07:15 PM

247 posts, read 266,338 times
Stepehn King's It

This movie is the reason I am afraid of clowns. In my twenty years of living, I have only seen this movie 5x. NO MORE THAN THAT!!

Old 07-10-2011, 08:18 PM

452 posts, read 310,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1Azn View Post
Stepehn King's It

This movie is the reason I am afraid of clowns. In my twenty years of living, I have only seen this movie 5x. NO MORE THAN THAT!!
I have a fear of clowns but I've never seen It so I have no clue where it comes from =/
Sucks having a fear and not knowing why.

*EDIT*
And you people are saying The Exorcist is the scariest movie ever? We'll see about that. Be back in two hours
Never seen it before

Current time: 10:33 PM EDT (-4GMT)

Last edited by Escape317; 07-10-2011 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 PM

452 posts, read 310,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape317 View Post
I have a fear of clowns but I've never seen It so I have no clue where it comes from =/
Sucks having a fear and not knowing why.

*EDIT*
And you people are saying The Exorcist is the scariest movie ever? We'll see about that. Be back in two hours
Never seen it before

Current time: 10:33 PM EDT (-4GMT)
Down to 26 minutes left and I'm not scared

I guess you can say I am a little grossed out though. Lol

Old 07-11-2011, 09:17 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
A lot of the movies mentioned I rate right up there as the scariest as well including Jeepers Creepers, Exorcist, Elm Street, The Ring and many others listed, but, I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw back in the late 70's where someone towards the last parts of the movie was strangled when a necklace got caught up on a moving elevator, the soundtrack was something like Tubular Bells. It was a really sick twisted movie and I couldn't sleep after seeing that movie, but for the life of me, I can't remember the name.

Also, to me, and old classic, House on Haunted Hill, with Vincent Price, is still one of the all time scariest movies

Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,677,220 times
The poltergeist were always the scary ones for me as a kid because i was always home alone.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:59 AM

247 posts, read 266,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape317 View Post
Down to 26 minutes left and I'm not scared

I guess you can say I am a little grossed out though. Lol

The whole movie was pretty disturbing, IMO.
I loved how Tim Curry portrayed Pennywise the Clown - demonic teeth and monster claws!!!
Damn all evil clowns!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:42 PM

563 posts, read 1,498,907 times
I don't really like scary movies and don't watch many. "Jeepers Creepers" was fairly scary. "The ring" was too. "The Grudge" was pretty freaky for me. I'd say one of the more scarier movies for me would be "Quarantine". I think the concept of that happening is the scary thing. Which reminds me of "The Stand" which is pretty scary. "28 days later" as well as "28 weeks later" were pretty scary for similar reasons. And ********* all, but "The Happening" was freaky. Those are all a matter of, hey, it could happen. "2012" and "The day after tomorrow" were interesting and semi-scary for that reason as well. They may not jump in your face and make you scream, but they give me nightmares and make me worry.
"Pet Sematary" is pretty scary, as well as the second one. I'm interested in watching "The Mist". "the Shining" is scary!

I've never actually sat through all of "Elm street" but I think I saw part of it when I was pretty young.. when she was in the shower and blood started coming up out of the drain. That freaked me out!
The thing that scares me the most about a lot of movies is simply the music and I hate it. I cover my ears.
I really liked the movie "Esther". I wouldn't say it was scary too much, but it was very good, imo. I also liked "Identity". Not the scariest, but the story is interesting.
I know a lot of scary movie lovers don't like 13 ghosts, but I liked it. I think it had the right amount of scare, gore, and story, for me to thoroughly enjoy it. Yes, I'm a *****.

"Chuckie" always freaked me out!

I found "Coraline" to be fairly scary actually. When I was little "Nightmare before christmas" was on the scary side, but of course it's not scary at all now. But "Coraline" freaks me out a bit.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Wait Until Dark - The suspense nearly did me in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies