Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 01:01 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,456,304 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen this yet? We just saw it tonight and we absolutely loved every minute of it.

I won't post any details yet, so I don't spoil it for anyone. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Thoroughly enjoyable movie! Can't wait for the sequel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 AM

6 posts, read 18,015 times
I loved it too. I totally didnt expect to, but I really liked the story. Plus Thor was really good to look at!

Old 05-08-2011, 11:37 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,239,428 times
Thanks for the reviews. We plan to see it this afternoon.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:10 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,172,050 times
Default Hammer Time!!

Great movie! Humor and action in a fantasy type element, along with good chemistry between the actors. It is a fun, entertaining film to unhook your brain and enjoy to the max. The scenes with the mighty Thor as a fish out of water on Earth is a hoot.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:12 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,239,428 times
Back from the movie and we all enjoyed it. We saw it in 2D. I was told that 3D had some blurry scenes. I felt the acting and visual effects were fantastic. Chris Hemsworth looks and sounds just right, and he eats up the screen. The guy who plays Loki was terrific. All of the actors felt right.

I'm seen some reviews and have read to sit through the credits. Could someone verify this and if so, either use the spoiler option or PM me what I missed?

Spoiler

I like how they sent Thor to Earth fully realizing his weaknesses and the part his arrogance and rashness played in causing the war. I do think Thor and Jane's storyline seemed forced. It would have been better for him to say goodbye w/ just the kiss on the hand, making that kiss more desired.

Last edited by kahncss; 05-08-2011 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-09-2011, 06:56 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,555,555 times
Thor was awesome...stick around to the very very end, as usual they have a short teaser for a follow up movie.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,348,463 times
I didn't love it, but it was okay. I don't like Natalie Portman though. If the follow up declines I don't know if I am looking forward to seeing it. I am neutral about seeing this movie- if there is nothing else out u have seen and u don't have any expectations then this is not a bad movie.......

Old 05-09-2011, 01:41 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times
Liked it a lot. Didn't love it. It wasn't IRON MAN good, but it was far better than any of the Spidey flicks.

Loki stole every scene he was in.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,380,447 times
I liked it lot. My wife LOVED it (her words). I like the way the "magic" was "technology". Also very much liked the "fish out of water" aspect of Thor at the beginning. All the actors (especially the lead) did GREAT jobs. Looking forword to "Avengers".

On a side note I've got to say a great big "THANK YOU" to Stan the Man for what he's done to the comic book world over the decades. VERY MUCH enjoyed his creations when I was kid (a LONGGGGGG time ago) and enjoying them equally all over again now.

Stan - you are VERY MUCH appreciated for a LIFETIME of GREAT WORK.

Ken

Old 05-09-2011, 10:09 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,185,419 times
Loved it. I'm only recently getting into the Thor corner of the Marvel Universe, but I'm already a big fan of Beta Ray Bill, Thunderstrike, and the Warriors Three. A bit sad to see the Lion of Asgard looking as though he'd gone on a diet, but there was some hint in their last miniseries that he might lose some weight now. It was great to see three of the more human gods getting a lot of screen time though. I thought it was great that Stan was creditted as Stan the Man.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hope I did the spoiler thing right

After the credits we see the male scientist walking through someplace deep underground. He meets Nick Fury who opens a briefcase containing a Cosmic Cube. The scientist asks what it is. Fury responds with something like, "Unlimited Power." Then we see Loki standing beside the scientist obviously invisible to all around, and he says, "This bears looking into," which the scientist repeats to Fury.

Sharp eared viewers and viewers with poor eyesight and average guessing ability will have also noticed Hawkeye was in this movie (on screen even instead of simply mentioned as was often the case with characters in the Spiderman and X-Men movies) which seems like evidence that he might make the Avengers movie.

Immediately before the scene at the end the credits also state that Thor will return in the Avengers movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies