Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which summer blockbusters will you be looking forward to the most?
Fast 5 6 18.18%
Hoodwinked 2 1 3.03%
Thor 9 27.27%
Priest 4 12.12%
Pirates 4 8 24.24%
The Hangover pt.II 15 45.45%
Kung Fu Panda 2 4 12.12%
X-men: First Class 12 36.36%
Super 8 7 21.21%
Green Lantern 6 18.18%
Cars 2 5 15.15%
Transformers 3 12 36.36%
Zookeeper 0 0%
Harry Potter 8 24.24%
Winnie the Pooh 2 6.06%
Captain America: The First Avenger 11 33.33%
Cowboys & Aliens 5 15.15%
Smurfs 2 6.06%
Rise of the Planet of the Apes 4 12.12%
Conan 6 18.18%
Spy Kids 4 1 3.03%
Final Destination 5 1 3.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:29 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times

Advertisements

.... apparently, this summer movie season is going to start a bit early. April 29th with the 5th (for the love of God, NO MORE!) Fast & Furious movie.

Of course, this is the 3rd(?) annual SMS I've done here, so for all of you who've seen this before, you know what to do...

Here's the "Big Boy" list:

----------------------------

- Fast Five (April 29) / Buzz: the rare 5th sequal to an action movie and it has The Rock.... that's about it.
poster

- Hoodwinked Too: Hood vs. Evil (April 29.) / Buzz: ... not much other than the fact that it's another sequal. And it's another movie in 3D
poster

- Thor (May 6) / Buzz: 1st major motion picture featuring this Marvel Comic hero. Also in 3D
poster

- Priest (May 13) / Buzz: Another vampire movie, this one set in a post-Apocalyptic war, based off a Korean comic.... also in 3D
poster

- Piraites of the Carribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20) / Buzz: 4th PotC movie, and yet ANOTHER movie shot in 3D.... might as well get used to that.
poster

- The Hangover: Part II: (May 26) / Buzz: sequal to the hilarious 2009 movie, will battle Kung Fu Panda's second movie for Memorial Day weekend.
poster

- Kung Fu Panda 2 (May 26) / Buzz: sequal to the charming 2009 movie, will battle The Hangover's second movie for Memorial Day weekend.... and also shot in 3D.
poster

- X-Men: First Class (June 3) / Buzz: Just the second of the many prequals we will see from the X-Men franchise. ...surprisingly NOT shot in 3D.
poster

- Super 8 (June 10) / Buzz: .... the only thing anyone seems to know about this movie is the fact that J.J. Abrams and Spielberg are behind this. Should be interesting...
poster

- Green Lantern (June 17) / Buzz: 1st major motion picture for thsi DC Comics hero (looks like a nice lil' battle with Thor.... and unlike Jonah Hex, at least a majority of people KNOW who Green Lantern is), also shot in 3D.
poster

- Cars 2 (June 24) / Buzz: Sequal to 2006 movie, it's this year's Pixar instalment, should be the biggest kiddie movie of the year, may feel a bit "off" seeing how some of the original cast passed away before this movie was made... and also shot in 3D.
poster

- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (July 1) / Buzz: Other than this being the last live action Transformers movie (from Micheal Bay, anyway), there's word that plenty of the main transformers will die in this one. It's this year's big 4th of July weekend movie and (why not?) it's shot in 3D.
poster

- Zookeeper (July 8) / Buzz: Not much, if any, but it should be the biggest comedy of the season.... key words being 'should be'.
poster

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (July 15) / Buzz: the final Harry Potter movie..... enough said.
poster

- Winnie the Pooh (July 15) / Buzz: Believe it or not, Winnie's back... in TRADITIONAL animation.
poster

- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22) / Buzz: The movie that will segway into the much anticipated Avengers movie in 2012, which may be the most epic super hero movie of all time.... also shot in 3D.
poster

- Cowboys and Aliens (July 29) / Buzz: Cowboys... aliens.... other than a plot, what else do you need?
poster

- The Smurfs (July 29) / Buzz: The current Hollywood tradition of making live-action or computer generated movies based off old cartoons from the 80's,70's, or 60's continues....in 3D.
poster

- Rise of the Planet of the Apes (August 5) / Buzz: It's not a sequal to the remake. Instead, it's a reboot/prequal..... like that sounds any better.
poster

- Conan the Barbarian (August 19) / Buzz: Sorry, no Arnold in this one.... in 3D.
poster

- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World (August 19) / Buzz: 4th in the Spy Kids franchise and... that's it. Of course it's in 3D.

- Final Destination 5 (August 26) / Buzz: the fact that they basically lied, saying that the previous movie (titled: THE Final Destination), there is none. Don't care if it's in 3D or not, those movies are all sh*t and I'm not gonna see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 02:24 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
- Fast Five (April 29) / Over these movies. Don't plan on seeing it.

- Hoodwinked Too: Hood vs. Evil (April 29.) / Didn't watch the first one and don't plan on it.

- Thor (May 6) / I have to admit I'm a little skeptical about seeing this. I wasn't overly impressed with the trailer.

- Priest (May 13) / I kinda want to see this, but I'm not that impressed with the trailer.

- Piraites of the Carribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20) / Never got into these movies.

- The Hangover: Part II: (May 26) / Liked the first one. Uh, I may watch the second.

- Kung Fu Panda 2 (May 26) / ..........

- X-Men: First Class (June 3) / Plan on checking this out. Looks good

- Super 8 (June 10) / Produced by Steven Spielberg. That's all I needed to hear and I was sold.

- Green Lantern (June 17) / Erm, I guess.

- Cars 2 (June 24) / I got nothing.

- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (July 1) / blah......

- Zookeeper (July 8) / This looks a little silly for my taste. I don't know.

- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (July 15) / I haven't seen a Harry Potter movie since the second one.

- Winnie the Pooh (July 15) / ............

- Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22) / YEP.

- Cowboys and Aliens (July 29) / Silly.

- The Smurfs (July 29) / Looks like that chipmunk BS. Have no interest as much I like the color blue.

- Rise of the Planet of the Apes (August 5) / Yep.

- Conan the Barbarian (August 19) / .........ok

- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World (August 19) / One question: Why?

- Final Destination 5 (August 26) / I just can't.......

Old 05-01-2011, 09:22 AM

10,030 posts, read 9,505,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The Hangover: Part II: (May 26) / Buzz: sequal to the hilarious 2009 movie, will battle Kung Fu Panda's second movie for Memorial Day weekend.
poster
I thought it funny that the cast was so upset and refused to work with Mel Gibson but had no problem working with a convicted rapist (Tyson).

Old 05-01-2011, 05:26 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,907 times
I just came back from seeing Fast Five, and it was head and shoulders above any of the previous four (TBH I always thought it was a pretty mediocre franchise). If you don't believe me, it's got a much higher score on Rotten Tomatoes than anyone would expect, and great user ratings too.

Specifically, if any of you are ambivalent because you think the whole street racing/modded-up car thing is played out, that's actually a much smaller part of this film, it's more of a heist movie. If any of you are fans of pure action movies, I think you'd at least enjoy this movie somewhat.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:59 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,979 times
Winnie the Pooh!

Old 05-01-2011, 08:35 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
I'll for check out all of the "comic book" movies as well as T3, Super-8 and PofTA

That gives me at least 6 movies so far......

Old 05-01-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I thought it funny that the cast was so upset and refused to work with Mel Gibson but had no problem working with a convicted rapist (Tyson).
.... you don't know much about Robin Givens's rep, do you?

Old 05-02-2011, 08:06 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,678,559 times
Captain America is going to kick ass. Thor got good reviews also.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 PM

It will probably get more viewers, as well....

Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,847,294 times
I'm a grown man, and Winnie The Pooh and Cars 2 are the only ones of these I'm seriously looking forward to. I'll also probably end up checking out Hangover II.

The Smurfs just looks like another cherished childhood memory gone the way of lame 3D animation lacking any charm or character that will likely get better reviews than it deserves.

There's obviously little imagination or originality left in the film industry, because all they seem to be doing nowadays is putting out remakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies