Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 01:33 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times

Advertisements

I'm not a huge Brad Pitt fan, but he's climbed a few notches for me in the past few years (especially with Fight Club). What about Seven....that was an awesome movie.

I just watched Constantine last night...it was really good, believe me, that's a huge compliment because I loathe Keanu Reeves....like I said though, it wasn't great, but it was definitely very good (good enough to keep me from making the cinnabuns I kept saying I was going to get up and make).

Matchstick Men and National Treasure were great movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2006, 05:17 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I'm not a huge Brad Pitt fan, but he's climbed a few notches for me in the past few years (especially with Fight Club). What about Seven....that was an awesome movie.

I just watched Constantine last night...it was really good, believe me, that's a huge compliment because I loathe Keanu Reeves....like I said though, it wasn't great, but it was definitely very good (good enough to keep me from making the cinnabuns I kept saying I was going to get up and make).

Matchstick Men and National Treasure were great movies.
I've seen both "Fight Club", (that was different!), and "Seven". They were both pretty good, but I didn't like the ending in "Seven".

I've watched "Constantine", and I really enjoyed it. It was different, also. And, like others, Reeves isn't my favorite, by any stretch. But, he must have been doing something good to stop you from making those cinnabuns! Yum! Hey, how 'bout making those for the Great Mud Wrestling Match, with Brad and Matthew? If we're going to sit around in a circle to watch that, (and keep them from escaping, LOL), cinnabuns would be far better, in my opinion, than popcorn, etc. (I know I said I would eat peanut M&M's, but with cinnabuns in the picture. Mmmm!

Haven't watched "Matchstick Men", (as a matter of fact, I can't even remember what it's about. I'd have to ask my son to fill me in; he's my movie buff). But, I have seen "National Treasure", (we have a copy), and thought it was alot of fun. And, although violence and bad language, in a movie, don't throw me off, it was nice to see a movie that you can watch with kids, that is fun, without all the rest.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:10 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
I've seen both "Fight Club", (that was different!), and "Seven". They were both pretty good, but I didn't like the ending in "Seven".

I've watched "Constantine", and I really enjoyed it. It was different, also. And, like others, Reeves isn't my favorite, by any stretch. But, he must have been doing something good to stop you from making those cinnabuns! Yum! Hey, how 'bout making those for the Great Mud Wrestling Match, with Brad and Matthew? If we're going to sit around in a circle to watch that, (and keep them from escaping, LOL), cinnabuns would be far better, in my opinion, than popcorn, etc. (I know I said I would eat peanut M&M's, but with cinnabuns in the picture. Mmmm!

Haven't watched "Matchstick Men", (as a matter of fact, I can't even remember what it's about. I'd have to ask my son to fill me in; he's my movie buff). But, I have seen "National Treasure", (we have a copy), and thought it was alot of fun. And, although violence and bad language, in a movie, don't throw me off, it was nice to see a movie that you can watch with kids, that is fun, without all the rest.

I didn't like the ending in Seven either, but I suppose if they all had happy endings, it wouldn't be as close to reality as some movies bring you . Fight Club was twisted and non-stop, that's what I liked. We watched National Treasure with the kids too and they even were thrilled with it (believe it or not, there a quite a few movies with Nicholas Cage that aren't bad to watch with kids...or at least MOST of the movie is watchable for kids...I like that too when we can enjoy one together).

I will definitely supply cinnabuns at the wrestling match. Actually, now that I think of it, we were considering the alternative to mud wrestling...maybe it should be Cinnabun Icing Wrestling...hmmmm, food for thought!!!!

Keanu showed about four more facial expressions in Constantine that he usually does in his movies...I think that was what impressed me, that contrary to popular belief, yes he really is ALIVE AND BREATHING. He actually looks like he may have gotten a tad better looking with age too. But I still can't stand him and his monotone voice.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:31 AM

702 posts, read 3,152,299 times
I really like Jack Nicholson. A friend just ordered a pair of Jack Nicholson sunglasses for me. I don't think that I'll look like him, but I'll think I do while I have the glasses on. Heeeres Johnny! Yipe!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:15 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
LOVE JACK!!!!!!!! He has a new movie out!!!!!! Looks good.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:12 AM

243 posts, read 887,427 times
Wink Movies

Who's Minding the Mint?, The Mothman Prophices, Once Around, 2001 A Space Oddesey and Grand Prix are all great movies.

Old 11-01-2020, 03:45 PM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Anybody a fan of the movie "Office Space"? Just the greatest little movie!
Wow, I posted that 14 years ago! Got a REP for my comment just today.

And it's STILL a great movie that, unfortunately for we that are still toiling away in soul sucking jobs, continues to be relevant today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies