Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,022,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
Avengers trump the Dark Knight any day. I don't know about you all but Batmans voice was very annoying in the Dark Knight. And when Batman was in the Bat cave alone with Alfred why did he still feel like he had to talk differently...I would have been like "Bruce...your doing it again".
Based on this comment and what you said in the SOA thread, you find really silly reasons to not like shows. Who cares what Batman's voice sounds like? I never even noticed what his voice sounded like until people started bitching about it afterward. If you go to a movie like that and what you pull out of it is the tone of Batman's voice, you must have a very miserable life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 12:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Based on this comment and what you said in the SOA thread, you find really silly reasons to not like shows. Who cares what Batman's voice sounds like? I never even noticed what his voice sounded like until people started bitching about it afterward. If you go to a movie like that and what you pull out of it is the tone of Batman's voice, you must have a very miserable life.
First off my SOA comments were legit. After the first season it went south fast.

As for Batmans voice, it was horrible. Plain and simple. Many fans have echoed the same sentiments. Hollywood knows how to screw things up. I go to a movie to enjoy it. To see an established character excel on the big screen. As a fan I do expect a lot with the millions of dollars the studios invest into it and the hype they advertise to fill seats. Lately it seems that they just want to put a franchise onto the screen and make a profit just off of the name and not the performance. Look at all the "re-boots" as if they were garbage. Those re-boots were just as highly advertised as these new movies coming out. You seem to be easy to please. a simpleton who is lost in the spectacle of mediocrity. A fool who is fast to part with his dollars. Some of us actually want to be entertained with a franchise that stays true to and builds upon its history.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:36 PM

22,961 posts, read 28,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
As for Batmans voice, it was horrible. Plain and simple.
It was. That being said, it was an annoying detail, no more. It's not like it ruined the movie for me or anything.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:56 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,677,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
This is the most ambitious project of this kind. DC has never gotten off the ground with anything but Batman and Superman movies. No Justice League.....no Flash or Aquaman.....
I don't understand why DC keeps shuffling its feet on Flash and Aquaman...but more importantly, why can't they seem to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen? For DC, isnt she part of the DC "triumvirate" with Superman and Batman. She is probably their most recognizable charatcher outside of those two, and it is 2011 for pete's sake and no WW movie yet?

That said, I think the Avengers has the most potential between the two--all of these heros in one movie? That could be awesome, provided they have the right script (I know, you could say that about any movie).

When have we ever seen that?

I think Batman will again be a solid effort (or is that a hope?), but I think Avengers could be fantastic. I also think the opposite is true...they could totally ruin Avengers as well, with a stupid script and dumb ideas.

Last edited by IXCell; 10-12-2011 at 02:54 PM..

Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,766,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Depends on the quality of the movie. Nolan's first Batflick didn't do those kinds of numbers.

The reason The Dark Knight made so much money was that it was a GREAT movie. People went to see it, told all their friends they had to see, then went and saw it again. That won't happen again just because it is Batman or just because it is Nolan. It will happen only if the movie is great enough to warrant it. We'll see....
True enough. I was basing my prediction on close numbers because of higher ticket prices and the likelihood that it will show in XD digital and other "high def" format screens which will cost more ticket wise. The trailer looks good though.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,495,414 times
I'm just glad The Avengers isn't another POS movie based on the English TV series!

Old 10-12-2011, 04:47 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
It was. That being said, it was an annoying detail, no more. It's not like it ruined the movie for me or anything.
True...It didn't ruin the movie but it could have been better. I liked it more than I didn't.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:57 PM

22,961 posts, read 28,393,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I don't understand why DC keeps shuffling its feet on Flash and Aquaman...but more importantly, why can't they seem to bring Wonder Woman to the big screen?
Of those three, the Flash is really the only one with the potential to be a plausible live-action film. Wonder Woman and Aquaman ... ? They work in comics and cartoons, but as soon as you put them in live action, they break the goofy factor. Look at Wonder Woman's costume for goodness sake. She looks like she ought to be popping out of Uncle Sam's birthday cake.

The new Superman flick will probably be a big part of the decision. If it's a big hit, I'd bet WB will fast track some of their other properties. If it bombs -- especially after Green Lantern was such a huge disappointment -- don't count on seeing a Flash movie any time soon.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:15 PM

366 posts, read 776,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
That was only his shield.....they never showed him frozen or unthawing ...nor did they explain how he could survive that frozen state.

Thor and Cap look like they lost weight.
Wow! I guess you didn't stay to the end of the film's credits where the teaser scene was inserted and shown a shirtless Steve Rodgers (Chris Evans) working out in a gym being approached by S.H.I.E.L.D's Nick Fury (Samuel Jackson).

Captain America Post-Credits Ending - Avengers Trailer - YouTube

....Years later, the superhero team the Avengers discovers Steve Rogers' body in the North Atlantic, the Captain's uniform under his soldier's fatigues and still carrying his shield. After he revives, they piece together that Rogers had been preserved in a block of ice since 1945, surviving in such a state only because of his enhancements from Operation: Rebirth. The block had begun to melt after the Sub-Mariner, enraged that an Arctic Inuit tribe is worshiping the frozen figure, throws it into the ocean. Rogers accepts membership in the Avengers, and although long out of his time, his considerable combat experience makes him a valuable asset to the team. He quickly assumes leadership,and has typically returned to that position throughout the team's history.
- Wikipedia

Old 10-12-2011, 08:57 PM

354 posts, read 619,109 times
Here is my prediction.

We will not see Bruce Banner turn into the Hulk untill the final battle between the Avengers and Loki/Skrulls.

It will be the Hulk that turns the tide of the war. Avengers win!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies