Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 11:26 AM

207 posts, read 285,299 times

Advertisements

In no set order:

Friday the 13th (1 through 4)
Hellraiser (1)
Return of the Living Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Nightmare on Elm Street

Props to Child's Play, Alien, Maniac, Audition, Ichi the Killer, and .Rec.

I always have a really hard time choosing for these lists since I can never decide.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 02:05 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,842,324 times
Haunted 3D was a really good Bollywood movie.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 AM

771 posts, read 1,399,637 times
In no partucular order:

1. Halloween (Original) - While not super scary it's just a very creepy movie.

2. Scream - The slasher film of my generation.

3. The Devil's Backbone - Very original ghost story. Nothing else like it out there.

4. Alien - One of my all time favorites, a true classic.

5. The Exorcist - While not scared anymore by this movie, was terrified as a child.

Honorable Mention:

1. The Orphanage - Amazing movie, but I will admit it gets a little to slow in the middle of the movie.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:19 PM

2,497 posts, read 4,734,927 times
Psycho (1960) - Screw the remake and stick to the classic. I've seen this countless times since a teenager and it's still scary as hell. First time you see it, it's the shower scene that scares most people the first time but after seeing it a few more times you see it in a different light and realize the other reasons why this is so scary.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - The original was made in the '70s and it has this gritty, guerilla-style of filming with all unknown actors, so it feels like you're watching a documentary. This movie gave me nightmares for a while after seeing it, and even now can leave you feeling uneasy for days afterwards. It's not a splatter film, but this was intense enough to make people leave the theater when it first came out.

The Exorcist (1973) - I saw this when they re-released it in 2000 with added scenes. I actually jumped a few times even though I knew what was coming. This is the utlimate modern horror film.

Repulsion (1965) - Before Roman Polanski directed Rosemary's Baby, he did this. Most people have never even heard of this, but this movie will scare the hell out of you. It's probably the only movie ever made that shows a person's mental collapse without being unpleasant yet still scary. Lots of scenes in this movie that will make you jump, and tap into that fear of being alone in the dark.

Wolfen (1981) - Most people fear urban ghettos for fear of being the victim of crimes at the hands of gangs, but in this movie the gangs are the least of people's worries. Turns out there's something way worse out there.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,343,876 times
Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein
Phantasm
Salem's Lot
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Dracula (Bela Lugosi-1931)

Old 11-24-2011, 11:49 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,268,586 times
Night of the Living Dead
Halloween/Black Christmas
Carrie
The Exorcist
Alien/The Thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies