Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:36 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I always thought it was just a stupid line.

Maybe it should be "Love means that when you say you're sorry, you actually mean it."
It goes hand in hand withh its other stupid line.
When she says "You had me at hello" it makes me want to puke..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 04:25 AM

22,947 posts, read 28,346,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
I'm a boomer, and it sure felt like a criticism of me/my generation vs. the author. BTW, I agree with you...always felt it was a rather stupid line.
A criticism of you personally? No, of course not. I don't know you.

A criticism of the baby boomer generation? Yes. Trying to stay on topic at least a little bit, that generation is the one who screamed about peace and love, but gave us soaring divorce rates, broken families, and AIDs. They had a chance to change the world, but instead they sold out in favor of SUVs and the Home Shopping Network. I'm hardly alone in my disappointment in the "Me Generation." They had the single most prosperous society in American history, and they squandered it on themselves.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:35 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,363,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
A criticism of you personally? No, of course not. I don't know you.

A criticism of the baby boomer generation? Yes. Trying to stay on topic at least a little bit, that generation is the one who screamed about peace and love, but gave us soaring divorce rates, broken families, and AIDs. They had a chance to change the world, but instead they sold out in favor of SUVs and the Home Shopping Network. I'm hardly alone in my disappointment in the "Me Generation." They had the single most prosperous society in American history, and they squandered it on themselves.
I think that we Baby Boomers are pretty spectacular as a generation.

Keeping true to this thread I will also say the "we" have made many exceptional movies, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies