Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM

358 posts, read 711,395 times

Advertisements

Terminator.

BTTF sequels, while entertaining, were just new twists on the same concept. Your classic Hollywood production. The Terminator franchise on the other hand has spent much more time taking the story further down the road and reinventing the visual presentation (in a good way) from film to film.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,923,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouzon View Post
Terminator.

BTTF sequels, while entertaining, were just new twists on the same concept. Your classic Hollywood production. The Terminator franchise on the other hand has spent much more time taking the story further down the road and reinventing the visual presentation (in a good way) from film to film.
Not really! Terminator 2 was the best followed by Terminator 1. T3 and T-Salvation were not that great. T-Salvation was ok but had a lot of loop holes.

BTTF were consistent and good.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:11 PM

19,732 posts, read 20,276,616 times
Except for Jennifer Parker...!

Old 11-17-2011, 04:25 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,853,216 times
Well, I've never enjoyed comedies so between the two I have to pick Terminator.

-Cheers.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 PM

8,331 posts, read 13,467,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
You're putting too much thought into it. The idea was simply to compare two 80s (or what started in the 80s) classic trilogies. They came to mind because they were simply two sets of great movies that originated in the same decade around the same time. If the idea was to compare genres I would have simply compared Terminator to say Star Wars (two of their movies originated in the 80s) or perhaps Alien (same thing). But I didn't. Back to the Future and Terminator came to mind first--Why? well...because they were my personal favs.
I suppose you are right. Either way, I might as well pick one!

Even though they are both awesome series and I love them both, I have to go with BTTF as well. I don't know why but I associate BTTF series with the 80s way more than the Terminator series.
BTTF was an action filled sci-fi comedy that almost anyone could enjoy. Great cast, very likeable characters, way better music, much more entertaining overall.

I, unlike most, didn't hate T3 but it seemed off in some way. It was quite a bit more depressing and in a "there is no hope, there is no future" way like some mentioned. Also the end (the war) seemed very much rushed, it seemed to have ended prematurely. When they were in the underground bunker, it didn't feel like there was actually an apocalypse happening on the outside. Blonde played the new Terminator role quite well imho and she was arguably the best part of the movie. I didn't care for the main guy and the girl, their casting was off. Heck even Arnold seemed so unwilling in that movie. He seemed to be doing it for the money.
All that said, I totally dislike the last edition (Salvation) despite Christian Bale and that unknown hot actress. Sam Worthington is another shark eyes (zero emotion in his eyes) actor much like Kevin Costner and Ben Affleck kinda of like opposite of Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Ed Harris, etc.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,862,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco
This comparison is off....
Not at all buddy!!

We are speaking GENERALLY which 3 movies do you think are better??

I would say BTTF no question however I do like Terminator 1&2 also!!!!! (3 blows and 4 isnt much better)

Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,638,478 times
Terminator

Old 09-09-2014, 10:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Back to the Future. Terminator only really had one great movie and that was T2. Terminator and T3 were both good but not in T2's category. Back to the Future were all good, borderline great to me.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:12 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,674,183 times
I like both and have only seen the first movie of both.
I remember seeing Back to the Future in the theater and it was great ! It was a beautiful huge theater - huge screen, really exciting ! I really like Terminator also. Have never been interested in seeing any of the sequels to either one of these movies since the originals are done so well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies